24th DITF 2019
DITF 2019 strays from usual schedule; to run Jan 9-Feb 8
Published: 08:55 PM, 2 December 2018 Updated: 08:55 PM, 2 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The 24th edition of the Dhaka International Trade Fair or DITF 2019 will commence January 9 instead of the first day of the month (and year), as is usually the case, due to the 11th national election.
According to the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), the month-long trade fair would continue up to February 8 at its usual venue in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in Dhaka.
“Usually we organize the fair on January 1 but it is not possible this year (2019). It will be difficult to organize in one day after completing the election on December 30, since law enforcement and other administrators will have to be busy then,” Avijit Chowdhury, Director General of EPB, told DailyBangladesh.
“Besides, we cannot understand who will come in power after the election. However, Prime Minister's Office has approved a letter to organize the fair on the 9th,” he said. “We will complete all tasks of the fair by the month and stalls allotment will also be completed within December 31.”
Some 20 pavilions will be reserved for women entrepreneurs at DITF 2019. More than 550 stalls and pavilions would showcase quality goods produced at home and abroad.
Avijit Chowdhury also reported a ‘good response’ from foreign traders looking to participate in the fair.
“This year, we get a good response from abroad traders. Around 50 applications have been submitted from foreign organizations till now,” he said.
The EPB Director General further said that the mega-event would shift to a permanent venue in Purbachal, where work on building it is ongoing, in 2021.
The traditionally month-long fair starting on the first day of the New Year in the Gregorian calendar has been jointly organized by the EPB and the Ministry of Commerce since 1995.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor