24th DITF 2019
DITF 2019 strays from usual schedule; to run Jan 9-Feb 8
Published: 08:55 PM, 2 December 2018 Updated: 08:55 PM, 2 December 2018
The 24th edition of the Dhaka International Trade Fair or DITF 2019 will commence January 9 instead of the first day of the month (and year), as is usually the case, due to the 11th national election.
According to the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), the month-long trade fair would continue up to February 8 at its usual venue in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in Dhaka.
“Usually we organize the fair on January 1 but it is not possible this year (2019). It will be difficult to organize in one day after completing the election on December 30, since law enforcement and other administrators will have to be busy then,” Avijit Chowdhury, Director General of EPB, told DailyBangladesh.
“Besides, we cannot understand who will come in power after the election. However, Prime Minister's Office has approved a letter to organize the fair on the 9th,” he said. “We will complete all tasks of the fair by the month and stalls allotment will also be completed within December 31.”
Some 20 pavilions will be reserved for women entrepreneurs at DITF 2019. More than 550 stalls and pavilions would showcase quality goods produced at home and abroad.
Avijit Chowdhury also reported a ‘good response’ from foreign traders looking to participate in the fair.
“This year, we get a good response from abroad traders. Around 50 applications have been submitted from foreign organizations till now,” he said.
The EPB Director General further said that the mega-event would shift to a permanent venue in Purbachal, where work on building it is ongoing, in 2021.
The traditionally month-long fair starting on the first day of the New Year in the Gregorian calendar has been jointly organized by the EPB and the Ministry of Commerce since 1995.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’