DIG Mizan suspended
Published: 10:09 AM, 26 June 2019 Updated: 03:46 PM, 26 June 2019
Finally, the Ministry of Home Affairs has suspended the controversial and discussed Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Mizanur Rahman. A notification was issued on Tuesday night from the Security Department of Ministry of Home Affairs.
Public relations officer of the Ministry of Home Affairs Sharif Mahmud Apu confirmed the matter.
Earlier on Monday, Md Manjur Morshed, director of ACC’s Coordinated District Office Dhaka-1, filed a case against DIG Mizan and four others. In the case, it is mentioned that DIG Mizanur Rahman and four more people have more than Tk 4.5 crore worth of assets. Of these, about Tk 3 crore are illegal.
Other accused are accused — DIG Mizan’s wife Sohelia Anar Ratna, 50, his younger brother Mahbubur Rahman, 50, and Kotwali Police Station SI Mahmudul Hasan, 29, have been accused.
This is the first case filed by ACC in its own office in the revised rules. ACC has filed a case under Section 109 of the Penal Code including the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and ACC Act 2004.
In the case, it has been alleged that Mizan has Tk 4,63,74,443 crore worth of assets. Of these, Tk 3,28,68,005 worth of assets earned by graft and corruption. And of these Tk 3,07,05,421 crore accounts have been hidden.
Earlier, on August 1, 2018, he submitted the property statement. In this, he showed Tk 1,10,42,260 crore of immovable assets and Tk 46,26,752 lakh of movable assets.
According to the ACC investigation, Mizan bought a shop of 221 square feet of land in Concord at Gulshan’s Police Plaza with Tk 24 lakh in the name of nephew Mahmudul Hasan. He also made an FDR of Tk 30 lakh at One Bank’s Kawran Bazar branch on November 25, 2013.
After the investigation started against him, Mizan withdrew the FDR of Tk 38,88,057 lakh which he did not show in property statement. He also bought 2400 sqft flat at Tk 65 lakh in the name of his brother Mahbubur Rahman at 1 Bailey Road.
Mizanur Rahman bought 1776 sqft commercial flat at Samad Trade Center at 63/1, Pioneer Road, Kakrail, in the name of his wife, Sohelia Anar Ratna. Which he paid Tk 1.77 crore in cash to the construction company.
On June 16, 2016, the flat was registered in the name of his nephew Mahmudul Hasan. Although Mizanur is the money provider in the record, he kept hidden the accounts of the money in the property statement.
On June 20, 2019, Metropolitan Sessions Judge and the Senior Special Judge’s Court have ordered to attach and freeze movable and immovable properties of Mizan.
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Humanity for animal !
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case