DIG Mizan, Bashir denied bail
Published: 04:55 PM, 5 January 2020 Updated: 04:59 PM, 5 January 2020
A Dhaka court today denied the bail plea of DIG Mizanur Rahman Mizan and ACC's suspended director Khandaker Enamul Bashir in a case filed for transaction of Tk 40 lakh as bribe.
The court also denied the bail petition of DIG Mizan in the case of illegal asset acquisition and money laundering cases.
Dhaka Metropolitan Senior Special Judge KM Imrul Quaish passed the order on Sunday.
Barrister Ehsanul Haque Samajee appeared for DIG Mizan and Barrister Kabir Hossain stood for Bashir while Barrister Mosharraf Hossain Kazal represented the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) in the court today. After hearing, the court denied the bail petition.
The investigation report against DIG Mizan and Khandaker Enamul Bashir was supposed to submit on Sunday. But the investigating officer of the case ACC director Sheikh Md. Fanafilla failed to submit the report.
The date for filing an investigation report against four persons including DIG Mizan in the case of illegal wealth acquisition and money laundering law was also fixed today. But, the investigating officer of the case, ACC director Manzoor Morshed could not submit the report. So, the same court fixed the date for filing an investigation report of the case on February 9.
ACC Director Sheikh Md. Fanfillah filed a case against DIG Mizan and Bashir on July 16 last year for alleged bribery transactions of Tk 40 lakh.
On June 24, ACC director Manzur Morshed filed a case against DIG Mizan at the Integrated District Office (Dhaka-1) after investigating allegations of illegal wealth acquisition.
In the case, the accused were charged with acquiring illegal assets of Tk 3,28,68,000 thousand and information hide of property worth Tk 3,07,05,000. DIG Mizan and his nephew SI Mahmudul Hasan are in jail in the case.
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Accused in multiple cases in Sirajganj detained
- Husband with arms, wife having bullets detained
- Motorcyclist killed in Kushtia road crash
- Haven`t received Khaleda Zia`s parole appel: Kamal
- Six World Cup-winning U-19 players in BCB XI
- Bogura-1, Jashore-6 and CCC polls Mar 29
- All News »
- Massacre in Thailand: Killer army shot dead
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Bangladesh clinch maiden U-19 World Cup
- Soldier who killed 26 in Thailand shot dead
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- Bangladesh under pressure as Bishnoi strikes thrice
- Soumya to get married this month
- Young Tigers to face India
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Teacher jailed for providing cheat sheets
- Soumya with future wife
- Young Tigers need 178-run to win WC
- Bangladesh-India XIs in U-19 final
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Avishek hunts India first
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666