DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
Published: 10:45 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 10:59 PM, 18 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The five-day Deputy Commissioners (DC) conference ended on Thursday. Various guidelines have been given to the DC on various issues at the conference. DC has expressed confidence that they will work according to the instructions.
Earlier on Sunday (July 14th), Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the conference at her Tejgaon office. On this day, she also gave 31 instructions to the district administrators.
In the meantime, it is important to note that the general public should not be harassed or deprived of any kind of public service. In addition to removing militancy, terrorism and communalism, maintaining peace and order and stability in all areas will have to work more carefully. To protect the youth from the drug, take all necessary steps to continue the anti-drug campaign.
“Drives against corruption, drugs and terrorism must continue and development projects will have to be taken in a planned way,” she said while addressing the annual conference of Bangladesh Administrative Service Association at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre in the capital today.
The Prime Minister hoped that the officials will come up with new projects for the development of the country utilizing their innovative Idea.
Besides, the Prime Minister gave instructions to create good public awareness in the grassroots level, to work together with the representatives of the public, to increase the production of fertilizers, seeds, electricity, energy etc. Take all necessary steps, to create awareness of adulterated food production, transport and marketing, to create mass awareness, thus the Prime Minister gave instructions on how to curb such immoral activities.
Since the inauguration of the conference, a total of 29 sessions were held till the last day. Meanwhile, 24 working groups with different ministries and divisions were present. The minister, adviser, state minister, deputy ministers gave instructions on various issues to the DC.
Meanwhile, on the first day of the conference on Sunday (July 14th) at the first session of the conference, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Md. Shahab Uddin directed the DC to take action to evict illegal sawmill and brick field to save the environment.
In this regard, the minister said, discussions about environment and air pollution, hill protection and peace control have been held. Environment pollution is being done by installing illegal brick fields. These illegal bricks will be closed forever.
In addition, on another day, the Social Welfare Minister Nuruzzaman Ahmed instructed the DC to take action against the irregularities of the government social security net programs.
On the other hand, on the second day of the conference on Monday (July 15th), the Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque directed the DC to monitor the construction of houses for the freedom fighters.
In this regard, he said that the scheme of giving shelter to the destitute freedom fighters as part of the celebration of Mujib's year has started. Under this program, a total of 16 thousand houses will be constructed. The DCs have been instructed to monitor the progress of the work.
On Tuesday (July 16th), on the third day of the conference, Food Minister Sadan Chandra Majumder Directed the DCs to buy rice from the farmers.
Besides, on the fourth day of the conference, Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Malek Swapan directed the DC to keep an eye on expired medicines as well as on whether the doctors working in the district and upazila level hospitals are regularly present.
On the other hand, on this day, Land minister Saifuzzaman Chowdhury Javed announced the DC award for the land. In this direction, DCs have been told about how to recover government land. Yet the more land one can recover, he will be rewarded.
On Thursday, the last day of the conference, Public Administration Minister Farhad Hossain ordered the DC to make a corruption free district administration to free corruption. At the same time, he instructed to ensure that people get services without any suffering.
On this day, in the second session, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khanan Kamal directed the DC to implement 'My village-My city' program.
The DCs’ demand:
District administrators also presented various demands and proposals in the conference. Of them:
# A separate bank for public administration officials.
# A specialized university for government officials.
# Special police force full time to increase the coverage of the mobile court.
# Ability to conduct short judicial activities on criminal offenses.
#Revenue Committee in District-Upazila
# Proposals to be issued the order of High Court in the digital system for public interest.
# Offer to increase the number of speedboats to work on disaster, flood-cyclone.
# Proposal to ease Bank loan offers.
# Propose to send teachers of the best educational institutes in the urban areas to the village schools for some time as 'guest teachers'.
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon