Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
Published: 12:36 PM, 28 September 2019 Updated: 05:06 PM, 28 September 2019
There is a possibility of two depressions may form in the Bay of Bengal in next month. Which can take the form of a strong cyclone named ‘Kiar’. The Department of Meteorological forecasts that winter may arrive after this cyclone.
The Meteorological Department said the Bay of Bengal is calm but it may be stormy soon. The overall rainfall is expected to increase again from September 29, according to the forecast.
Department sources said the duration and strength of the east wind is increased. The duration and energy of the east wind may fluctuate due to natural causes. As a result, the eastern rainfall can increase its strength and extend its schedule by five more days until October 5.
Meanwhile, due to the strong winds prevailing till October 7, there will be heavy rainfalls may occur in many parts of the country and moderately heavy rainfalls may occur in many areas of the coastal region at the beginning of Sharadiya Durga Puja.
But at the same time, the weather is likely to remain normal in the northern region. During this, rain may occur in most areas of Rajshahi, Barishal, Khulna, and Chattogram.
The monsoon winds may depart from October 6 to October 9. The wind is currently more active in the southwestern region of Bangladesh. Effective from September 29 to October 4, may depart October 7.
Meanwhile, a low may form on September 30 and may hit the Satkhira region and bring rain to the surrounding areas including Kolkata and many areas of Khulna, Barishal, Chattogram, Rajshahi Division. The country may hit by a strong rainstorm or cyclone from October 12 to October 22.
- Inundated Venice braced for more flooding, strong winds
- Int’l consultant for 2nd satellite soon: BCSCL
- Google Launches Android 10 GO: What offers?
- ‘Daak Taka’ to make postal service more digital: Jabbar
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Tsitsipas beats Roger Federer to reach final of ATP Finals
- BBIN chamber launched
- Nasimon driver killed road mishap
- Bangla Tigers suffer six-wicket defeat against Deccan Gladiators
- BFF budget for next fiscal clocks Tk 41.6 cr
- Helper killed in Pabna as wood-laden trolley turned over
- Gunmen fire on buses carrying Muslim Sri Lankan voters
- SCC to be extended
- Car bomb kills 18 in northern Syria
- Tigers` focus now on pink-ball Test
- President, PM pay tributes to Maulana Bhasani
- LongHorn Steak & Pizza: The best cuts of beef
- Food cooked in PM’s residence without onion
- IU ‘C’ unit admission test results published
- Dope tests for private job
- Big invest coming from Japan: Finance Minister
- 10 abducted workers rescued from Sundarbans
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Onion to reach in a day or two: PM
- Expat hacked death in Malaysia
- Khulna trader fined for onion price inflated
- Quader urges FFs to build the country
- Bangladesh Emerging team beats India
- 4 virtues of divine woman
- Fox-dog shattered off Muniya`s body!
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Shaheed Nur Hossain Day observed