Cumilla court to hear Khaleda bail pleas again on Jun 7
Published: 09:42 PM, 23 April 2018
A Cumilla court on Tuesday fixed June 7 for hearing again two bail petitions filed by BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in two arson cases filed in 2015.
Judge Jesmin Ara Begum of Cumilla District and Session’s Judge Court set the date after hearing the petitions.
Earlier, on April 10, a court here rejected a bail petition of the BNP Chairperson in a case filed over the 2015 arson attack on a bus in Chouddagram upazila that left eight people dead.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Mustain Billah of Judicial Magistrate Court-5 rejected the bail prayer after holding a hearing on it.
On April 16, Cumilla District and Session Judge fixed April 23 for hearing the bail petitions after Khaleda’s lawyers filed those.
Earlier on March 12, showing her arrested in the case, the court asked the police to produce Khaleda Zia before it on March 28, 2018.
Eight people were killed and at least 20 others injured when miscreants hurled a petrol bomb at a bus at Jogmohanpur in Chouddagram during the BNP-led alliance`s movement on February 3, 2015.
Two cases are the Explosive Substances Act and another for a murder that was filed over the incident.
Sub-inspector Nururzzaman filed the murder case against 77 people, including Khaleda.
On October 9, 2017, a Cumilla court ordered the arrest of Khaleda Zia and 45 other leaders and activists of her party in the case filed under the Explosive Substances Act over the arson attack.
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- Attacking trio of PSG inspire late comeback
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Tigresses clinch gold in SA games
- Man held with gold bars at Shah Amanat
- 25 killed, 120 injured in Baghdad gun attack
- A.T.M. Shamsuzzaman to get Lifetime Honors
- HC upholds verdict in journo Atik murder case
- One held with illegal arms in Aditmari
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham Monday
- 4 dead in shooting near Mexico’s presidential residence
- 3 more gold medals for Bangladesh in archery
- Throat-slit bodies of woman, two children recovered in Rangpur
- PM distributes National Film Awards today
- Case proceedings against actress Nawshaba to remain halted
- Turmeric-powder can remove all skin problems
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Trump recognizes himself as Israel’s best friend
- Israeli launches Gaza air-strike again
- Smoke haze settles over Australian capital as bushfires burn
- Suu Kyi departs for Hague for genocide hearings
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Nepal`s mass animal slaughter begins despite outcry
- 629 Pakistani girls sold to China
- 24 killed as bus plunges off cliff in Tunisia