Critics promoting wrong info about my age: Jaya
Published: 12:04 PM, 1 July 2019 Updated: 12:05 PM, 1 July 2019
How old is Jaya Ahsan? Often this question can be seen on social media. As today is her birthday, many asked, ‘How old is Jaya stepped into?’ Even many have pulled the information from Wikipedia and Google, saying that she has stepped in 47 years.
According to Jaya, not only her birthday, but her family information is also being misrepresented through media and social media.
A few months ago, Jaya wrote on Facebook, “Many have been practicing my age by dragging various newspapers/ Wikipedia references. It’s been said, I am 46! I’ve always enjoyed the rumors like food in salt. It’s interesting- some actresses of my age or elder than me- are practicing wrong information of my age on media like it’s their right. I have enjoyed this for so many days, but most likely I have been holding my silence as a ‘mute sense of acceptance’. Even critics are also enjoying by misinterpreting my age!.”
Regarding the confusion of age with acting, Jaya Ahsan said that the real identity of an artist should be in work. “No film industry in the world believes that 46 or 56 years of age or older actresses cannot act in an ineligible or youthful role. Age is just a number. So I am not troubled about the age of Jaya Ahsan,” she said.
Today is July 1, her birthday. On this day, the actress is greeted by everyone including her fans, relatives, and friends. Regarding her own information, Jaya Ahsan said, “They are saying I have two more sisters and one brother on different media. but the real information is that we are two sisters and one brother.”
“They are saying- my village is in Brahmanbaria, but the real information is Gopalganj. Not only this, but my father’s name is also written as Ali Ahsan Sidney. Whereas the actual information- actor Jeetu Ahsan’s father is renowned actor Syed Ali Ahsan Sidney. My father is freedom fighter AS Masud,” she added.
Once upon a time, Jaya’s presence was only on small screen. She conquered the heart of viewers by acting in drama and model in TVC. She established her career gradually. Got success. It is unknown to many — Jaya was attracted to dance and music before acting. She learned to draw pictures as well as academic studies.
Jaya Ahsan’s first movie ‘Bachelor’ directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki, was released in 2004. After a long break on the big screen, she starred in the movie ‘Dubsatar’ directed by Nurul Alam Atik. Later, she caught the attention of all by acting in the film ‘Guerrilla’ directed by Nasir Uddin Yusuf. She got the National Film Award for the first time for the film. Jaya starred in ‘Bilkis’ is widely praised. Besides, she received the Filmfare Award as the first Bangladeshi by acting in the film ‘Bisorjon’.
Jaya Ahsan’s first production film ‘Debi’, was released on October 19 last year. Anam Biswas has directed the film on the basis of Humayun Ahmed’s novel.
Onim Biswas has produced the film on the novel Humayun Ahmed's novel. In the 103-minute-long film, Chanchal Chowdhury, Jaya Ahsan, Shabnam Faria, Iresh Jaak, Animesh Aich, and others have played the role. Jaya’s second production film is going to be ‘Furut’, which is now underway.
Recently, Jaya Ahsan has signed a contract for the film ‘Alatchakra’. In the movie, She will be playing ‘Taiba’ from the famous novelist Ahmed Chaafa’s novel. Habibur Rahman is directing the full-length movie based on the Liberation War novel that was published in 1985. This is going to be the first 3D film made in Bangladesh in the Bengali Language.
Recently, the first look poster of Atanu Ghosh’s ‘Binni Shutoy’ has been released, where the two main portraits of the film- Hrithik Chakraborty and Jaya Ahsan were seen. In the film, she was seen in sharee, glasses, a silent Bengali woman. Audiences applaud her almost unobtrusive appearance in the film.
Jaya Ahsan’s last movie ‘Kantha’ was released on May 10 in Kolkata’s theaters. In this, she played the role of a speech therapist. Shiboprosad Mukherjee and Paoli Dam have played the other two important characters of the film. Jaya’s performance was appreciated by the audience there. Not only this, after seeing the trailer of the film, Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor wrote on Twitter, ‘Superb!’
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future