Covid-19 hits Mumbai slums, catastrophe predicted
Published: 11:00 PM, 29 March 2020 Updated: 11:03 PM, 29 March 2020
Corona spreads to Mumbai slums, catastrophe predicted
Like many countries in the world, pandemic coronavirus has spread in India. This is the second largest country in the world in terms of population and coronavirus is spread here. Although it was initially limited to expatriates and foreigners, now it is spread among the local people. As a result, there has been extreme panic and this information has increased the fear a lot more.
According to the latest news published in the country's media, the deadly outbreak of Corona has spread to the slums of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Seven coronavirus patients have been identified in these slums in Mumbai.
In the slums of Mumbai, about 6-7 people live in an 8/10 foot house where are about 2000 houses and one common toilet per 200 families.
Meanwhile, a 37-year-old expatriate youth in the Kalibambar Jambalipara slum in Mumbai tested positive for coronavirus who has return home some days back. There are about 800 family and only a few toilets allocated for them.
Initially, no symptoms of coronavirus were found in his body when he was tested at the airport. Later, he was diagnosed with the Coronavirus and currently undergoing treatment at Kasturba Hospital. The administration is conducting tests to find out if anyone else in the slum is infected with Covid-19.
As a result, it is not possible to maintain social distance here, health experts say. If once Coronavirus can somehow infect in these slums, then India will enter the third phase of Corona transmission.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government has issued a curfew along with lockdown to prevent the infection and ordered the daily essential shops to keep open for 24 hours so that no crisis can happen.
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Law Minister not infected by COVID-19: ministry
- Government staff getting treatment of COVID-19 at SKH
- Farin writing stories in lockdown time
- Maradona extends contract with Gimnasia
- Bus crash shatters a father’s dream
- Cumilla records 105 new COVID-19 cases including doctors
- Another Bangladeshi dies from coronavirus in Saudi
- Another police constable dies of COVID-19
- Facebook IDs involved in racism spread will be closed
- Writ challenging public transport fare-hike removed from agenda
- Biman offers charter flight at Tk3 lakh
- NSTU’s teacher Dr. Firoz Ahmed, wife contracted COVID-19
- Veteran Indian film director Basu Chatterjee dies
- Chandpur reports 19 fresh COVID-19 cases
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Libya killings: RAB arrested 2 more human traffickers in Gopalgan
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Mahathir expelled from party
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO