‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda
Published: 07:37 PM, 19 November 2019 Updated: 07:39 PM, 19 November 2019
Sefat Ullah, alias “Sefuda
A Cyber Crime Tribunal court in the capital on Tuesday has ordered to crock Sefatullah Sefuda's all immovable properties in a case filed under the digital security law for allegedly defaming the Muslim religious book, the Holy Quran.
Judge of the cybercrime tribunal of Dhaka, As-Sams Jaglul Hossain, passed the order on Tuesday.
Nazrul Islam Shamim was the lawyer of the state. He said that on September 29, a judge of the Cyber Crime Tribunal of Dhaka, As-Sams Jaglul Hossain, had issued an arrest warrant against Sefuda in a digital security law case. The court asked to report the matter on February 16 next.
Lawyer Nazrul Islam Shamim added that the date for filing an arrest warrant report, in that case, was scheduled today. But when a report was submitted that Sefuda could not be arrested by this time, the judge ordered crock the property of Sefuda.
Earlier, on October 2, a case was filed against Sefat Ullah, alias “Sefuda in a charge of contempt of the Holy Quran. Subsequently, the investigating officer of the case, Sub-Inspector of the Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime Unit, Perth Prartim Brahmachari submitted the proven report of the allegation against him on 10th September.
The investigation report said that the accused, Sefuda, was ugly because of obscene and offensive comments in the context of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and countrymen, which presented dissenting among multiple groups; which is an offense under Article 25/29/31 of the Digital Security Act. Therefore, the report was sent to the court to take necessary action against him.
- ADB to provide US$ 540m for human resource development
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
- Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
- Brazilian president hails launching of Sino-Brazilian satellite
- 18th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Turkey says ready to send troops to back Libya unity govt
- What should be said while entering house
- No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
- HC summons Sakhipur UNO, OC
- Int’l badminton tournament dedicating to Bangabandhu begins
- Two children drown in Kurigram
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- ECNEC okays 7 projects
- BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
- Kamal urges all to engage more in tax, VAT payment
- 1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
- Enjoy BPL in 10 countries apart from Bangladesh
- NASA chief gets latest look at new moon rocket
- Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
- RAB detained 5 brokers from hospital
- The old man died of heart attack during buy onions
- Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Tamim skips Gulf summit in Saudi Arabia
- Suu Kyi sat frozen in ICJ
- Prisoner militants need deradicalization: IGP
- Myanmar must stop Rohingyas genocide: Gambia
- Recruitment notices on Shah & Associates
- GDP growth reaches 8.15pc
- ICJ hearing: Rohingya vs Suu Kyi supporters UN-court showdown
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- E-passport within 3 days!
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today