Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
Published: 02:49 PM, 22 July 2019 Updated: 11:01 PM, 22 July 2019
The court has dismissed two petitions filed with Aysha Siddika Minni, wife of deceased Rifat Sharif and the main witness of Rifat Sharif murder case.
The two petitions are — Withdrawal of the confessional statement of Aysha Siddika Minni by summoning her in the court and take her to the hospital for appropriate treatment.
On Monday afternoon, Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Mohammad Sirajul Islam Gazi rejected the plea.
Minni’s lawyer and district bar general secretary Advocate Md Mahbubul Bari Aslam filed a petition in the court seeking withdrawal of Minni’s statement given in 164 by summoning her in the court. Claiming that Minni is sick, the lawyer also requested to sent her to the hospital for proper treatment. The court rejected the two petitions.
“In the Rifat murder case, we appealed with the court seeking the withdrawal of Minni’s confessional statement. Minni’s signature is required to file that petition. So, I requested to summon Minni in the court. However, the court has rejected the petition saying it was possible to get the signatures in jail,” said Minni’s lawyer Advocate Md Mahbubul Bari Aslam.
He added that Minni is sick, she needs medical attention. So, another petition was filed seeking Minni’s proper treatment. “But the court has also dismissed the petition,” said Advocate Mahbubul Bari.
Earlier on Sunday, the court rejected the bail petition of Aysha Siddika Minni.
On July 16, Minni was arrested in the Rifat murder case. On July 17, Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate granted her five-day remand in the court. But before the end of the remand, on July 19, Minney gave the confessional statement to the court and then, the court sent her to jail.
On June 26, 22-years-old Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in broad daylight in the district town. The incident was caught on surveillance camera.
Later at night, Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif filed a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station, accusing 12 people including Nayan Bond, who was later killed in a gunfight with police on July 2.
Police have arrested 16 including six accused, in the case. Of these, 14 gave confessional statements with the court.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC