Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
Published: 02:49 PM, 22 July 2019 Updated: 11:01 PM, 22 July 2019
The court has dismissed two petitions filed with Aysha Siddika Minni, wife of deceased Rifat Sharif and the main witness of Rifat Sharif murder case.
The two petitions are — Withdrawal of the confessional statement of Aysha Siddika Minni by summoning her in the court and take her to the hospital for appropriate treatment.
On Monday afternoon, Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Mohammad Sirajul Islam Gazi rejected the plea.
Minni’s lawyer and district bar general secretary Advocate Md Mahbubul Bari Aslam filed a petition in the court seeking withdrawal of Minni’s statement given in 164 by summoning her in the court. Claiming that Minni is sick, the lawyer also requested to sent her to the hospital for proper treatment. The court rejected the two petitions.
“In the Rifat murder case, we appealed with the court seeking the withdrawal of Minni’s confessional statement. Minni’s signature is required to file that petition. So, I requested to summon Minni in the court. However, the court has rejected the petition saying it was possible to get the signatures in jail,” said Minni’s lawyer Advocate Md Mahbubul Bari Aslam.
He added that Minni is sick, she needs medical attention. So, another petition was filed seeking Minni’s proper treatment. “But the court has also dismissed the petition,” said Advocate Mahbubul Bari.
Earlier on Sunday, the court rejected the bail petition of Aysha Siddika Minni.
On July 16, Minni was arrested in the Rifat murder case. On July 17, Barguna Senior Judicial Magistrate granted her five-day remand in the court. But before the end of the remand, on July 19, Minney gave the confessional statement to the court and then, the court sent her to jail.
On June 26, 22-years-old Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in broad daylight in the district town. The incident was caught on surveillance camera.
Later at night, Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif filed a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station, accusing 12 people including Nayan Bond, who was later killed in a gunfight with police on July 2.
Police have arrested 16 including six accused, in the case. Of these, 14 gave confessional statements with the court.
- Date of Shab-e-Meraj to be known today
- Mominul departs for 132, Tigers crossed 400
- Sri Lanka opt to bat
- Mahathir Mohamad resigns
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Rain likely at many places
- 3 ACME employees killed in Naogaon road crash
- Bubly will not make any mistakes like Apu: Shakib
- Neymar gets red card in PSG comeback win
- 2 yrs of losing Sridevi, Janhvi remembering mother with best picture
- GP to pay Tk 1,000cr within three months
- Mominul ton, Mushfiq fifty take Tigers past 300
- Shooting at flea market in Texas
- Youth hacked dead in Noakhali
- China reports 150 more coronavirus deaths
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Tigresses faces India today
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight