Country shivers as 4th cold wave of season begins
Published: 09:51 AM, 11 January 2020 Updated: 08:36 PM, 11 January 2020
Cold weather likely to increase in the northwest region of the country as the fourth cold wave of the season begins Saturday, the mercury may drop a lot in two to three days, the Meteorological Office said.
Meteorologist Ruhul Kuddus said, “The cold wave earlier this year had been abated. It rained light in the middle. Now night temperatures may drop to 1 to 2 degrees Celsius. Temperatures are also likely to drop in the capital as well.”
Another cold wave hit the country during the first week this month The fourth cold wave of the season begins on Saturday. On Friday, the lowest temperature in the country was recorded in Tetulia at 9.7 degrees Celsius while the lowest temperature in the capital was 14.4 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office said that there is no possibility of rain in the capital and its surrounding areas on Saturday. Cold weather may increase in the morning. Moderate to thick fog is prevailing in the country from midnight to morning. As a result, the sun shines late in the morning.
When the minimum temperature goes under 6 degrees Celsius, it is assumed an intense cold wave. And if the temperature is between 6-8 degrees Celsius then it is considered a medium cold wave and 8-10 degrees Celsius is considered a mild cold wave.
Earlier in late December and early January, mild and moderate cold waves hit the country twice, including the capital.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks