Coronavirus finally under control!
Published: 10:11 AM, 28 February 2020 Updated: 02:10 PM, 28 February 2020
Attempts to identify coronavirus infected (photo-collected)
The deadly coronavirus spread from China is finally coming under control. Chinese expert Dr. Zhang Nanshan said, "We are confident that the coronavirus will come under control by the end of April."
The former director of China's National Clinical Research Center added that if the authorities acted vigorously in the first place, the infection would not have been much. However, he had earlier reported that the outbreak would be highest in mid-February.
He said at a press conference that the number of infections has been declining since February 15.
Meanwhile, two thousand 804 people have died so far. 82 thousand 166 people were affected. So far, 33 thousand and 206 people have returned home after treatment. In the mainland of China alone, the number of coronaviruses is 78 thousand and 498. On the other hand, there 2 thousand 744 people who have died infected with the virus.
South Korea has the highest number of people affected by coronavirus outside China. So far, one thousand and 595 people have been infected with the virus in the country while 13 people have died so far.
On the other hand, the deadly coronavirus has spread to several countries in Europe. So far in Italy, 650 have been identified infected with the virus while the number was 400 until Thursday. And 12 deaths were reported in this virus outbreak in the country.
In addition, the virus is spreading in Austria, Croatia, and Switzerland. In France and Germany, the number of coronavirus-infected is increasing alarmingly.
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51