Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
Published: 10:41 PM, 7 April 2020 Updated: 11:23 PM, 7 April 2020
The death toll in the global pandemic coronavirus is surging every minute all over the world. The number of victims is also increasing alarmingly.
According to the World Survey agency on coronavirus situation, Worldometer’s data 78,313 people have died of coronavirus in the world so far. In addition, 13,80,397 people have been infected while 2,93,454 people have returned home after successful treatment.
The report said the United States is the most affected nation by the deadly coronavirus. So far, 3,67,650 people infected with the virus in the US. Of them, 10,943 died.
Spain remains in the second position in terms of infection. So far, 1,40,510 cases recorded in the country while 13,798 have died.
Italy has the highest numbers of deaths. So far, 16,523 have died of coronavirus in the country, and 1,32,547 have been infected.
In China, the origin of the coronavirus outbreak 81,740 people have been infected so far, and 3,331 have died.
Another European country, France, has so far recorded 98,010 coronavirus cases. The death toll has risen to 8,911.
In Germany, the number of dead and infected people is increasing daily. So far, the number of people infected in the country is 103,375, and the death toll is 1,810.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the coronavirus outbreak. More than half of people in the United States are confined at home. Similar lockdowns are on the way in other continents, including Asia and Africa.
However, five more people have died from coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the total death toll to 17 in Bangladesh where 41 more people have been diagnosed with coronavirus that makes the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases to 164 in the country.
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Law Minister not infected by COVID-19: ministry
- Government staff getting treatment of COVID-19 at SKH
- Farin writing stories in lockdown time
- Maradona extends contract with Gimnasia
- Bus crash shatters a father’s dream
- Cumilla records 105 new COVID-19 cases including doctors
- Another Bangladeshi dies from coronavirus in Saudi
- Another police constable dies of COVID-19
- Facebook IDs involved in racism spread will be closed
- Writ challenging public transport fare-hike removed from agenda
- Biman offers charter flight at Tk3 lakh
- NSTU’s teacher Dr. Firoz Ahmed, wife contracted COVID-19
- Veteran Indian film director Basu Chatterjee dies
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare