Coronavirus death toll tops 68,000
Published: 12:28 AM, 6 April 2020
Coronavirus death toll tops 68,000
The deadly coronavirus has claimed more than 68,000 lives worldwide, reports WorldoMeter.
According to WorldoMeter so far 68,150 people have died from coronavirus worldwide while infected 1,254,023 people and 257,224 people have recovered.
The outbreak started in China on December 31, last year but the highest number of deaths in Italy. So far, 15,887 died in Italy while 128,948 infected.
The rate of coronavirus deaths in Spain also slowed for a third straight day as the European nation reported 674 deaths compared to 809 a day earlier. Spain currently remains in the 2nd position in terms of deaths. So far, 12,418 people have died while 130,759 infected.
However, the United States has surpassed all the countries in the world in terms of cases. At present, 327,87 people affected. Of those, 9,325 died.
In China, the epicentre of the lethal virus epidemic, so far 81,669 people have been infected while 3,329 people have died and 76,964 have been recovered successfully.
Another country in Europe, France has so far recorded 89,953 cases while the dead reaches to 7,560.
In Germany, the number of dead and cases are increasing daily. So far, the number of people infected in the country is 98,772 while the number of death toll is 1527.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the outbreak of coronavirus. More than half of people in the United States are under home-quarantine. Similar lockdowns are on the way in other continents, including Asia and Africa.
Iran is the most affected country in Asia. Iran's deaths toll tops by 158 to 3,603.
The number of people infected in India has risen to 3,588 while the deaths toll rose to 99. In Pakistan, the death toll is 45, and the number of victims is 3,123.
Meanwhile, according to data from the Bangladesh Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR), the number of people diagnosed with coronavirus in the country till Sunday has stood at 88. So far, nine people have died of virus in the country. And 33 patients have recovered so far.
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- 5.1 quake hits Sylhet
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country
- Nushrat wants to get married!