Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
Published: 11:56 PM, 1 April 2020 Updated: 01:55 AM, 2 April 2020
Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
More than 45,500 people have died from fatal coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide, over 900,000 have been diagnosed with the virus, and 190,921 have recovered, reports Worldometer.
Worldometer said that the virus, which has spread to 202 countries and regions of the world from China, has so far claimed 45,538 lives.
Coronavirus outbreak began in China on December 31, last year. Italy had the highest number of deaths so far. The coronavirus death toll in Italy has risen by 727 in the last 24 hours, a record jump that brought the number of patients who died in the hospital to 13,155.
In the United States, the death toll has exceeded 4,000 raising the total to 4,516 while 1,88,592 people have been diagnosed with the virus and 8,745 recovered.
China has recorded 3, 312 deaths and 81,588 cases so far.
The coronavirus death toll in the UK has risen by 563 in the last 24 hours, a record jump that brought the number of patients who died in the hospital to 2,352.
The announcement on Wednesday came as Spain recorded its highest daily death toll - another 864 people - while infections jumped to 102,136, up from 94,417.
In Germany, the number of dead and cases are increasing daily. So far, 72, 383 people infected with the virus while 788 died.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the outbreak of coronavirus and so in the United States. Similar lockdowns are continuing in other continents, including Asia and Africa.
Among the Asian nation, Iran is the worst victim of coronavirus. Iran's death toll exceeded 3,000 with 138 new fatalities as the United Nations chief warned the pandemic is the "worst crisis" to face the world since World War II.
Meanwhile, the number of people infected in Pakistan has increased to 2,218 and deaths toll rising to 26. In India, the death toll reaches 45 while 1637 infected.
Bangladesh reported another death today raising the total to 6 while the number of infected people has risen to 54.
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 800 in country
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register