Coronavirus death toll surges 54 thousand
Published: 06:51 PM, 3 April 2020
The death toll from the deadly coronavirus has crossed 54 thousand and reached 54,268 till Friday evening where a total of 10,31,516 people infected and 2,20,011 people recovered from the deadly virus, according to Worldometer, the international data review organization.
Though the outbreak of the pandemic virus began in China in December 2019, Italy has the highest number of death reports. So far, 13,195 people died and 1,15,242 people affected by the virus in the country.
In the list of the death toll, Spain’s position remains after Italy where 10,935 people died and 1,15,242 people affected till now.
However, the United States has surpassed all the countries in the world in terms of deadly COVID-19 cases. At present, around 2,45,442 people have infected from the virus with death toll 6,098.
81,620 people infected, 3,322 people died in China, the epicenter of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Meanwhile, 59,105 people have affected in France, another European country, where 1,355 people died in the last 24 hours – which is death reports in a day after the coronavirus outbreak in France. The total death toll by the virus has reached 5,387 in the country.
In Germany, the number of infected and deaths is increasing rapidly every day. A total of 85,903 people has infected and 1,122 people died so far from COVID-19 contraction in the country.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the outbreak of coronavirus. More than half of the people in the United States are in home isolation. Similar lockdowns are on the way to other continents, including Asia and Africa.
Among the Asian countries – the situation in Iran is the worst. Thousands of people are getting infected from Coronavirus every day. 124 people have died in the last 24 hours. So far, the death toll in the country stood to 3,294 and 53,183 people have infected.
The number of infected people in India has risen to 2,567 and 72 people have died. In Pakistan, the death toll is 35, and a total of 2,567 people have infected so far.
Meanwhile, in Bangladesh, five new COVID-19 cases found in the last 24 hours, in the meantime, the total cases have stood to 61, of them – six people have died. 26 people have recovered so far and 24 people are still undergoing treatment in hospitals.
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- Google Doodle celebrates Kazi Nazrul Islam’s birthday
- DNCC mayor exchanges Eid greetings with doctors, nurses
- Stand by the helpless on Eid: Information Minister
- Rain likely on Eid day
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- India resumed domestic flights after two months
- Main congregation of Eid-ul-Fitr held at Baitul Mukarram
- Eid prayers performed in compliance with health rules
- 3 killed in two private cars collision in capital
- A different Eid being celebrated all over the country
- This coronavirus period will end one day: IGP
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniv today
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr today
- Former AL MP Moqbul dies of coronavirus
- PM urges all to celebrate Eid staying home
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- ‘Comments over relief misappropriation is heinous mentality’
- Cumilla sees record COVID-19 cases in a day
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniversary tomorrow
- 21 incl mother-daughter infected with coronavirus in Faridpur
- Gazipur reports 27 new COVID-19 cases
- Holidaymakers leaving Dhaka defying COVID-19 infection
- Over 2,250,000 people recovered from coronavirus
- Special flights for BD nationals stranded in Kolkata
- 79 fire service men infected with coronavirus
- Advance Eid celebration at 11 villages in Lakshmipur
- All News »
- Tisha’s warning amid Apurba-Nazia split out; Why?
- Finally Apurba himself unveils the mystery
- Nazia urges all not to blame Apurba over divorce
- Apurba -Tisha: A diverse romantic story
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- New record of deaths and cases in 24hrs
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Watch the track of very severe cyclonic storm ‘Amphan’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Nawazuddin’s wife Aalia sends legal notice seeking divorce
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ may cross Khulna-Chattogram coast
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued