Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
Published: 11:12 AM, 26 March 2020 Updated: 11:15 AM, 26 March 2020
The bodies are taken for burial; Photo: Collected
The death toll from the deadly coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, that was spread around the world has risen to 21,295. In the meantime, the deadly virus has spread to 197 countries and regions of the world besides China.
According to the Worldometers, a total of 114,642 patients recovered from the virus after treatment as the number of affected people are 471,417. Of them – Italy, Iran, Spain, France, US, Germany, South Korea have the highest cases. In such situation, the World Health Organization (WHO) has issued warnings globally.
In the ongoing crisis situation, United States President Donald Trump has also issued the highest alert as the coronavirus cases in the country is increasing day by day. The WHO even declared the outbreak of the virus as ‘pandemic’ where the organization is now claiming the Europe as the ‘epicenter’ of the virus.
The announcement made by Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of WHO, as the European countries are now mostly suffering from the coronavirus and the mortality rate there is increasing daily.
A total of 81,285 people affected from the virus only in the mainland of China, the main epicenter of the virus where the death toll now stood at 3,287.
Italy, on the other hand, already surpassed the epicenter China as the country has highest deaths where 783 people died in a day. The death toll from the coronavirus stood at 7,503. Besides, a total of 74,386 people affected from the virus. In such a situation, the government has issued as emergency throughout the country.
So far, 27,017 people have been infected in Iran where 2,077 people have died from the virus.
Meanwhile, 68,421 people have been infected and 1,032 have died in United States. In Spain, 3,647 people have died of 49,515 cases. Switzerland has 10,897 cases with 153 deaths. In UK, 9,529 cases with 465 deaths. Moreover, many countries including France, Germany, and Japan have the highest cases over deadly coronavirus.
In the death toll, on the other hand, Bangladesh also joined where six people have died so far with 39 coronavirus cases. Many others are also in quarantine – most of them are expatriates.
Doctors say the coronavirus can cause infections in the lungs of humans and animals. The virus is spreading from person to person through a cold or flu-like cough. The main symptoms of the virus are respiratory, fever, cough, pneumonia etc. Moreover, one or more organs of the body may become inactive and cause death.
Currently, the most alarming matter is that since the virus is new and no antibiotics have been yet discovered. The only way to prevent the virus from getting infected is to stay away from infected ones. Therefore, Chinese researchers have advised to seek medical help immediately after such symptoms occur in the human body.
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- ‘Steps taken to compensate poultry farmers’
- Govt to buy 17 lakh tonnes Boro paddy-rice
- Spain reports 743 new coronavirus deaths in 20 hours
- Voluntary lockdown in Akhaura
- Mahmudullah becomes father of 2nd boy
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus