Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
Published: 12:14 AM, 24 May 2020 Updated: 01:20 AM, 24 May 2020
Coronavirus deaths toll top 342,396 globally
The deadly coronavirus has claimed more than 342,000 lives all over the world, reports Worldometer.com. According to worldometer.com, 342,396 people have died across the world from the deadly virus and 5,369,351 have infected while 2,224,117 have recovered.
The virus, which has spread from China, has so far infected 213 countries and territories around the world.
The United States is the most affected nation by the deadly coronavirus. So far, 1,655,670 people have infected with the virus in the US. Of them, 98,145 have died while 438,562 have recovered.
The United Kingdom has the second-highest numbers of deaths from coronavirus. So far, 36,675 people have died of the virus in the UK while the number of infected is 257,154.
Italy has the third-highest number of deaths. So far, 32,735 people died of the virus in Italy while 229,327 people have infected and 138,840 have recovered.
France remains in the 4th position in case of deaths. The country has so far recorded 182,219 coronavirus cases while 28,289 people have died.
Another European country, Spain remains in the 5th position in terms of death but fourth in terms of infection. The country has reported 28,678 while 281,904 have infected.
South American nation Brazil has the second-highest cases and six-highest deaths. So far, 340,837 people have infected with the virus in the country while 21,678 have died.
Germany has the eight highest coronavirus cases. So far 179,768 people have infected with the virus in the country and 8,354 have died.
In China, the origin of the coronavirus outbreak cases rose by 4 to 82,971 and deaths toll remains 4,634 as no new deaths reported in the past 24 hours.
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- 5.1 quake hits Sylhet
- Maritime ports asked to keep hoisted signal 3
- Dr Zafrullah tests positive for coronavirus
- Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 jolts Manipur
- Bangladesh exports 6.5m PPE to US
- Coronavirus deaths toll top 347,000 globally
- Modi phones PM, extends Eid greetings
- President urges affluent to stand by poor
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across country
- Imam dies while offering Eid prayers
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- President offers Eid prayers at Bangabhaban
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Eid
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nushrat wants to get married!
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country