Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
Published: 10:34 PM, 24 March 2020 Updated: 10:34 PM, 24 March 2020
Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
The deadly coronavirus which causes an illness known as COVID-19 that has spread to at least 196 countries and territories, killing 17,451 people and infecting more than 400,000, reports the Worldometer till 10pm on Tuesday night.
According to the www.worldometers, the deadly virus spread from there has spread to 196 countries in Europe, America, the Middle East, and Asia, besides China. Spain, Iran, France and the United States have the highest number of infections. In the past 24 hours, seven people have died in China, along with 78 new cases.
Iran on Tuesday announced 122 new deaths from the novel coronavirus, raising the official toll to 1,934 in one of the world’s worst-hit countries.
Another 514 people have died in Spain over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 2,696, as the number of infections surged towards 40,000, the government said Tuesday.
The website did not report the death in France in the last 24 hours. The country's total death toll is 860. In addition, the number of cases has risen to 19,856 with 3,838 new cases.
In the last 24 hours in the United States reported 35 new deaths and raising the total to 588. The number of total cases rose to 48,477 with 5,044 new cases.
Bangladesh reported fourth death on Tuesday from the deadly coronavirus while six more people infected with the virus as the number of infections surged to 39.
Apart from this, 10 have died in India and 20 new cases have been reported in the neighboring country and the number of infections surged to over 500.
- Fall in stock market on 4th working day
- Primary schools, kindergartens to remain closed till June 15
- 2 children drowned in Noakhali
- Global coronavirus deaths toll surpass 383,000
- Ministry asks for students-teachers’ info to develop TV class
- 140 stranded Bangladeshis return from Malaysia
- Tk 1.7lakhs charged for COVID-19 treatment, returned with apology
- 5 dead, 57 injured in chemical factory explosion in Gujarat
- Consumer rights protection DD Shahriar recovers from COVID-19
- No possibility of locust attack in Bangladesh: FAO
- Physician dies of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Farmer dies by lightning in Khagrachari
- Students anxiety over admission in good colleges
- 24 feet long kite to commemorate Mujib Year
- Way of softening your heart
- Refusal to marry after forced abortion, Chandana commits suicide
- 54 more infected with coronavirus in Barishal
- Bangladeshis stranded in US to return on June 6
- 3 traffickers in killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya detained
- COVID-19 deaths can be buried at family cemetery
- Patuakhali lightning strike kills day labourer
- Pakistani minister dies of COVID-19
- 3 militants killed in Kashmir gunfight
- 6.8 magnitude powerful earthquake jolts Chile
- BNP leaders can be seen election time only
- Admission in Notre Dame among 4 colleges postponed
- ‘Mango Special’ train to launch this Friday
- Faria returns Dhaka after two months
- Brazil sees record daily death toll
- Order to sell TCB products in the upazila-municipality
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Offices resume from May 31
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- Details about 22 new fatalities
- Mahathir expelled from party