Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
Published: 09:53 PM, 2 April 2020 Updated: 08:59 AM, 3 April 2020
Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
More than 50,000 people have died from fatal coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide, 980,505 have been diagnosed with the virus, and 206,264 have recovered, reports Worldometer.
Worldometer said that the virus, which has spread to 202 countries and regions of the world from China, has so far claimed 50,239 lives.
Coronavirus outbreak began in China on December 31, last year. Italy had the highest number of deaths so far. The coronavirus death toll in Italy has risen by 760 in the last 24 hours, a record jump that brought the number of patients who died in the hospital to 13,915.
The coronavirus pandemic death toll in Spain passed 10,000 on Thursday, as the country reported its highest number of deaths in a single day since the outbreak began, with the total rising by 616 to 10,003 among 110,238 infections.
The US - the world's hardest-hit country - recorded a total of 5,148 coronavirus deaths, according to data collected by Johns Hopkins University. It has confirmed more than 216,000 cases of the disease.
China has recorded 3, 318 deaths and 81,589 cases so far.
The coronavirus death toll in the UK has risen by 569 in the last 24 hours, a record jump that brought the number of patients who died in the hospital to 2,921.
In Germany, the number of dead and cases are increasing daily. So far, 72,383 people infected with the virus, with the total deaths rising by 66 to 997.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the outbreak of coronavirus and so in the United States. Similar lockdowns are continuing in other continents, including Asia and Africa.
Among the Asian nation, Iran is the worst victim of coronavirus. Iran's death toll reaches to 3,160 with 124 new fatalities.
Meanwhile, the number of people infected in Pakistan has increased to 2,378 and deaths toll rising to 33. In India, the death toll reaches 58 while 2,032 infected.
Bangladesh reported no death today and the toll remains 6 while the number of infected people has risen to 56.
- Another 47 tested positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- 18 more infected with COVID-19 in Jamalpur
- 132 more tested coronavirus positive in Chattogram
- Sylhet reports 60 more coronavirus cases
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Law Minister not infected by COVID-19: ministry
- Government staff getting treatment of COVID-19 at SKH
- Farin writing stories in lockdown time
- Maradona extends contract with Gimnasia
- Bus crash shatters a father’s dream
- Cumilla records 105 new COVID-19 cases including doctors
- Another Bangladeshi dies from coronavirus in Saudi
- Another police constable dies of COVID-19
- Facebook IDs involved in racism spread will be closed
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare