Coronavirus death toll exceeding to 132 with 6,000 new confirmed cases
Published: 10:01 AM, 29 January 2020 Updated: 10:04 AM, 29 January 2020
People in China using facemask as a precaution from suffering coronavirus; Photo: Collected
The death toll from new coronavirus is rising where 132 people have died so far and more than 6,000 confirmed cases found, China’s national health commission reported on Wednesday.
Country’s national health commission also reported more than 1,400 confirmed new cases, as the death toll rose to 132.
There were 5,327 confirmed cases in mainland China during the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome epidemic. That outbreak killed more than 770 people globally, including 349 in mainland China.
The first patient of the deadly virus was found dead in China’s Wuhan province on December 31. Since then, the number of infected and dead is increasing in the country.
The Chinese media Xinhua reported that the number of people with coronavirus may be highest in the next 7 to 10 days. In addition to China, 71 people from 17 countries have been reported to suffer from coronavirus.
In addition to various cities in China, the virus has been spread in Thailand, Japan, South Korea, United States, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Nepal, France, Australia, Canada, Germany, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and Taiwan.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has named the new virus Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). In most cases, the virus is spread through people who have visited China. Due to this, many countries have banned citizens from visiting China to prevent the outbreak of the virus.
Meanwhile, researchers have been able to find the antidote of coronavirus for the first time in a laboratory in Melbourne, Australia. They are seeing this as significant progress in the path of the preventive discovery of coronavirus.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks