Coronavirus death toll crosses 72 thousand
Published: 11:32 PM, 6 April 2020
The death toll from the deadly coronavirus has crossed 72 thousand and reached 72,769 till Monday night where a total of 13,18,306 people infected. However, the good news is 2,76,187 are recovered and this number is increasing day by day, according to Worldometer, the international data review organization.
Though the outbreak of the pandemic virus began in China in December 2019, Italy has the highest number of death reports. So far, 16,523 people died and 1,32,547 people affected by the virus in the country. On the other hand, 22,837 recovered from the deadly virus.
In the list of the death toll, Spain’s position remains after Italy where 13,169 people died and 1,35,032 people affected. But in terms of COVID-19 recover patients, Spain is ahead of Italy where a total of 40,437 people recovered so far.
However, the United States has surpassed all the countries in the world in terms of deadly COVID-19 cases. At present, around 3,52,160 people have infected from the virus with the death toll crossed ten thousand, i.e., 10,369.
81,708 people infected and 3,331 people died in China, the epicenter of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Meanwhile, 92,839 people have affected in France, another European country, with the death toll stood to 8,078.
In Germany, the number of infected and deaths is rapidly increasing day by day. A total of 101,178 people has infected and 1,612 people died so far from COVID-19 contraction in the country.
Most countries in Europe are locked down by the outbreak of coronavirus. More than half of the people in the United States are in home isolation. Similar lockdowns are also going on in other continents, including Asia and Africa.
Among the Asian countries – the situation in Iran is the worst. Thousands of people are getting infected from coronavirus every day. 136 people have died in the last 24 hours. So far, the death toll in the country stood to 3,739 where 60,500 people have infected till now.
The number of coronavirus cases in India rapidly increasing where 404 people infected by the virus in the last 24 hours. So far, India has 4,693 cases with 129 deaths. In Pakistan, the death toll is 52, and a total of 3,662 people have infected till now.
Meanwhile, in Bangladesh, 35 new COVID-19 cases found in the last 24 hours, in the meantime, the total cases have stood to 123, of them – 12 people have died. 33 people have recovered so far and 78 people are still undergoing treatment in different hospitals.
- ‘Steeler’ vocalist Masudul Haque Liton dies at 46
- Remembering Azam Khan: ‘Pop Guru’s 9yrs of leaving
- Nasim undergoing surgery after suffering stroke
- Temperature may remain unchanged
- Diego Costa sentenced to six months in prison for tax fraud
- Death is everyone`s destiny: Brazil president
- Trump sued for use of teargas outside White House
- Brazil surpasses Italy in COVID-19 deaths
- Harry Potter star Emma responds to criticism
- National cricketers comes with aid for Amphan hit victims
- 12 wounded by Hanuman`s bite in Jashore
- Coronavirus takes over 5000 lives in a day
- Woman’s body found in Bogura
- Boyfriend handed over girl to friends after raping
- Specialized vehicle to collect samples in Tangail
- World Environment Day today
- Father-in-law & mother-in-law injured in son-in-law`s attack
- China to lift ban on foreign flights
- Facebook launches Manage Activity for deleting old posts
- Bangladesh Bank allows employees to work from home
- 7 things must be followed for safe journey
- Another 47 tested positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- 18 more infected with COVID-19 in Jamalpur
- 132 more tested coronavirus positive in Chattogram
- Sylhet reports 60 more coronavirus cases
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare