Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
Published: 10:27 AM, 19 February 2020 Updated: 03:22 PM, 19 February 2020
File Photo, Collected
The death toll from China’s novel coronavirus crossed 2,000 on Wednesday after 136 more people died, according to the National Health Commission of China.
The death toll rose to 2,004, with most of the deaths in central Hubei province, where the virus first emerged.
In its daily update, the National Health Commission reported 1,749 new cases of people infected with the virus nationwide, the lowest number of new cases this month.
Outside the epicentre, there were only 56 new cases reported, falling for the 15th day in a row.
So far, the total number of confirmed cases in mainland China is
One died in Taiwan last Sunday outside of China. The second most affected country is Japan after China. So far, the number of infected people has jumped to more than 300.
Earlier, a Japanese citizen died at the place of origin, but a woman died while undergoing treatment for the first time in Japan on Friday.
In addition, one died in Hong Kong and one in Philippine earlier of the month. Another 80 years old Chinese tourist died in France during visit there.
So far, no coronavirus virus has been found in Bangladesh. However, five Bangladeshis have been infected with coronavirus in Singapore.
- Language hero Sufia Ahmed dies
- Health officials coronavirus infected in N’ganj
- ‘YFSA’ stands beside 200 families
- Coronavirus death toll mounting to .10 million
- Medical aid in hilly areas by Air Force’s helicopter
- EU could fail to coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation unit at Titumir College
- Coast Guard DDG promoted to rear admiral
- 244 Bangladeshis infected with Coronavirus in Singapore
- 286 sailors of US warship detected coronavirus
- Two more infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Drug dealer detained with 78-kg marijuana
- President calls for prayer at home on night of Shab-e-Barat
- Food distributed among 800 families in Nandail
- Measures to do at hospital to refrain from COVID-19
- PM urges everyone to devote with teachings of Shab-e-Barat
- Barricades on roads in Kotalipara
- People rushing to banks for withdrawing money
- DNCC opens hotline for relief
- CMP monitors home quarantine through mobile app
- 5 rounds of rocket attacks at US base in Afghanistan
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Army to go tough from today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- China to ban eating cats and dogs