Coronavirus death toll climbs to 170 in China
Published: 09:53 AM, 30 January 2020 Updated: 01:01 PM, 30 January 2020
Coronavirus patient; Photo: Collected
The deadly coronavirus death toll has risen to 170 in China, Of those - 37 died in Hubei province. The virus killed 38 more people in one day.
Chinese health authorities announced on Thursday that 7,711 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus had been reported in 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps by the end of Wednesday.
The National Health Commission said in its daily report that 1,370 patients remained in critical condition, and 12,167 people were suspected of being infected with the virus as of the end of Wednesday.
A total of 124 people had been discharged from the hospital after recovery.
Wednesday saw 1,737 new confirmed cases, including the first confirmed case in Tibet Autonomous Region, 4,148 new suspected cases, and 38 deaths — 37 from Hubei Province and one from Sichuan Province.
Also on Wednesday, 131 patients became seriously ill, and 21 people were discharged from hospital after recovery.
A total of 88,693 close contacts had been traced, the commission said, adding that among them, 2,364 were discharged from medical observation on Wednesday, with 81,947 others still under medical observation.
By the end of Wednesday, 10 confirmed cases had been reported in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, seven in Macao Special Administrative Region and eight in Taiwan.
Dr. Mike Ryan, head of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) emergency health program, told “the whole world needs to be careful” to fight coronavirus. Praising China’s action on the virus, saying “the challenge was great, but the response was overwhelming.”
And there is a meeting again on Thursday about whether the virus is now in “global health emergency”.
After China, Thailand became the second-highest number with 14 confirmed cases from coronavirus. Hong Kong is the next with 10 confirmed cases
Besides, 7 in Macau, 7 in Australia, 1 in Cambodia, 2 in Canada, 4 in France, 4 in Germany, 8 in Japan, 7 in Malaysia, 5 in Singapore, 4 in South Korea, 1 in Sri Lanka, 8 in Taiwan, 5 in United Arab Emirates. Authorities have confirmed that 1 in Finland and 2 in Vietnam was infected with the coronavirus.
- Coronavirus death toll surging to .10 million
- Medical aid in hilly areas by Air Force’s helicopter
- EU could fail to coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation unit at Titumir College
- Coast Guard DDG promoted to rear admiral
- 244 Bangladeshis infected with Coronavirus in Singapore
- 286 sailors of US warship detected coronavirus
- Two more infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Drug dealer detained with 78-kg marijuana
- President calls for prayer at home on night of Shab-e-Barat
- Food distributed among 800 families in Nandail
- Measures to do at hospital to refrain from COVID-19
- PM urges everyone to devote with teachings of Shab-e-Barat
- Barricades on roads in Kotalipara
- People rushing to banks for withdrawing money
- DNCC opens hotline for relief
- CMP monitors home quarantine through mobile app
- 5 rounds of rocket attacks at US base in Afghanistan
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- Bangladesh`s home series against Australia postponed
- Bangladeshis stranded abroad to be brought back: A. Momen
- Sisimpur to be aired in 19 languages
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Army to go tough from today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- China to ban eating cats and dogs