Coronavirus: How much will mask protect you?
Published: 04:02 PM, 2 February 2020
A "coronavirus" born in Wuhan, China's Hubei province, has emerged as a new "threat" to the world at the beginning of 2020. Because the virus has already spread to at least 27 countries outside China. And until the last news, at least 304 people have died infected with the virus. There are more than 14,000 people have been identified as infected so far.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are respiratory, fever, cough, pneumonia, etc. It can cause the death of an infected person by disabling one or more organs in the body.
Meanwhile, scientists have not been able to produce any antibiotics to protect against coronavirus. And everyone is coming out of the mask to cover their nose and nose to protect themselves from the virus. The question is, is it possible to prevent coronavirus infection using a mask like this?
Experts say using a mask can help prevent the spread of the virus if used in the right weather and in the right way.
The US Department of Public Health has urged the public to be aware that conditions such as mask use have not been made. But for China, this is completely different. As a result, the demand for masks has increased in the country. As a result, China and the United States have increased production to supply it.
Marybeth Sexton, an assistant lecturer at the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, said the most worn, cheap and disposable mask, known as a surgical mask, could prevent, but not eliminate, the coronavirus. Even with perfect use, a virus or pathogen can be infected by these masks or pass through the eyes to the body.
This type of surgical mask is usually yellow or blue in color. Which can be firmly stuck in the ear through the rubber. It is possible to cover the mouth, chin, and nose. And on top of these masks is an iron strip, which easily covers the mouth and nose.
However, experts have given equal importance to the proper opening of such masks. It should be kept open while opening so that it does not add any dirt and can be opened at once.
- BBC broadcasts Islamic sermons in UK as mosques remain shut
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India