Coronavirus: Germany confirms 3 more cases
Published: 10:46 AM, 29 January 2020 Updated: 11:05 AM, 29 January 2020
German Federal Ministry of Health
German Health Ministry has confirmed another three cases of the new dangerous strain of coronavirus in Bavaria later on Tuesday, which raised the total number of patients to four in the country.
The three new patients were “connected” to the first found in Germany, which had been verified on Monday.
A 33 years old man from the Starnberg area south of Munich confirmed as Germany's first case of the coronavirus that emerged in central China is believed to have been infected by a Chinese colleague who visited his workplace
The man took part last Tuesday in a training session at his workplace that also included an employee of the same company visiting from China, said Andreas Zapf, the head of Bavaria's office for health and food safety.
There were a total of around 40 employees who have been determined to have been in contact with that Chinese woman. Those affected will be tested on Wednesday as a precaution.
Auto parts supplier Webasto confirmed that it was the company involved and that the man works at its headquarters in Stockdorf, south of Munich.
Webasto is to be shuttered until Sunday, the firm said in a statement. Employees at the headquarters have been instructed not to travel in Germany or abroad.
The first patient was considered to be in a "medically good state," officials said, adding that the risk of infection for people in Bavaria remained low.
Three new cases are being isolated for treatment at the Schwabing hospital in Munich. Authorities have not immediately give further details.
The Bavarian case is the first known example outside of China of the infection spreading between people who are not closely related.
Germany is the second European country to report confirmed cases of the virus.
- Child killed in Netrokona road crash
- Youth dies crushed under train in capital
- 4 businesses fined in Akhaura
- Know the exact time of meditation
- Beware of 10 mistakes while using mobile phone
- 54 held in anti-narcotic drives
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- BNP calls parliamentary board meeting
- Zambian Army commander meets Bangladesh Army Chief
- ‘I saw my baby boy burnt during gang rape’
- 2 held over rape of schoolgirl in Bhola
- Korea to give coronavirus detecting machine to Bangladesh
- ICC unveil Women`s T20 World Cup trophy
- Journey of ‘Adventure of Sundarban’ from March
- Youth killed over bike collision with tree
- Coronavirus: Father hides son
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Smoking in the office, use contractors’ cars!
- Youth lynched in Bagerhat
- Biker killed on way to relative’s funeral
- Barapukuria Coal Mine graft case: Hearing on Mar 29
- 3 members of Rohingya trafficking gang held
- ‘Digital’ irregularities in digital machine
- Whomever you voted, I am Chief Minister of all: Kejriwal
- Absconding murder accused arrested after 29 yrs
- US not to take back its 40 corona affected nationals
- Housewife commits suicide over family dispute
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Soumya to get married this month
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Sundarbans Day today