Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
Published: 10:03 PM, 21 January 2020 Updated: 10:12 PM, 21 January 2020
A new Chinese coronavirus, which is very similar to the SARS virus, has already spread in Wuhan, China and infected more than 200 people since December.
Chinese authorities have already confirmed that at least three people have died and several others infected since the outbreak began in Wuhan.
Some health analysts believe that the number of infected patients is close to two thousand. It is a common virus that may infect the nose, sinuses, or throat.
What is Coronavirus?
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, coronavirus virus is very common among animals. They can be transmitted from animals to humans in some rare cases. In scientific terms, the process of transmission viruses from animals to humans is called ‘Zoonotic’.
The virus is very similar to the SARS virus. The death rate is around 10 percent for people with the SARS virus. In 2002 and 2003, the virus spread in an epidemic form to nearly 40 countries. More than 8,000 people were infected with the SARS virus, and almost 800 died.
Where did Coronavirus come from?
The World Health Organization states that the virus may come from any animal. As far as the information is known, the traumatic event has occurred in a wholesale seafood market in Wuhan, China.
The coronavirus is a member of the virus family, where six of these viruses have been known before; it is the new one to the humans. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous, but the unknown virus is thought to take an epidemic form.
Coronavirus symptoms are like runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache, and fever which can last for a couple of days.
It may transmit from an infected person to others via:
> Air by coughing and sneezing
> Personal contacts like touching and shaking hands
> After touching anything infected with coronavirus and then touching mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
How Coronavirus spreads
When you have any contact with any animal, the viruses can spread. Most of the time, when someone comes into contact with the infected person then there is a possibility to spread the virus.
Cough, sneeze or handshake could cause exposure to the virus. The virus can also be transmitted by touching anything infected with coronavirus and then touching mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands. It may be exposed by handling a patient’s waste in many times.
Scientists have been thought that there have been some cases of infection from humans to humans so far.
Ways to prevent Coronavirus
There is no treatment available to prevent the family of viruses so far. Scientists are trying to invent the remedy of these viruses.
You may be able to keep yourself safe by maintaining a distance with the affected people. At the same time, try to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Wash your hands with soap and water after touching anything.
In times of your sickness, try to stay home to avoid crowds. Cover your mouth and nose in the highest possible time.
It has been said before that there is no specific treatment of these family of viruses. Many times, the symptoms of coronavirus will escape on their own.
By prescribing pain or fever medicine, Doctors can relieve symptoms of coronavirus. Doctors suggest, cover mouth and nose and skip touching eyes, nose and mouth. In addition, drink plenty of fluids, get rest and sleep as much as possible.
Consult with a doctor when the symptoms feel worse than a standard cold.
In such a situation, we must be very concerned to prevent the virus as the numbers of infected people are increasing day by day. And once it enters the human body, it can be very dangerous. The virus should not be given that chance.
- Iran’s Vice President infected with coronavirus
- Delhi incident is a matter of national shame: Manmohan Singh
- Two traders killed after being hit by truck
- Happy Birthday Pop Samrat
- Earth’s any place accessible in three browsers
- Coronavirus finally under control!
- Today’s sports on TV
- Robber killed in Jashore gunfight
- 2 bullet hit bodies recovered in Feni
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Newly-elected Dhaka mayors Taposh, Atiqul take oath
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Saudi suspends entry for Umrah over coronavirus
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Delhi violence: Death toll rises to 34
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test