Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
Published: 10:31 AM, 16 February 2020 Updated: 03:32 PM, 16 February 2020
The death toll from the deadly coronavirus spread from China's Hubei province rose to 1666. And more than 68,000 have been affected.
No fatal coronavirus has been found in Bangladesh so far. However, a total of five Bangladeshi expatriates in Singapore have been identified infected with coronavirus COVID- 19 from February 9 to 15.
Since the virus was confirmed in China last December, the death toll in the country has increased. The outbreak of the virus originated from a seafood market in Wuhan, China's Hubei province.
A total of four coronavirus infected have died in Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan and France outside the mainland of China so far.
Chinese authorities say at least 1,716 medical personnel have been infected while providing life-threatening medical care. Apart from this, at least six doctors have died due to infection in coronavirus. Coronavirus has spread to more than 28 countries across the world, including Singapore, Japan, Thailand, India, the United States.
Meanwhile, at least 17 people have been identified coronavirus infected in India, the country’s officials sources confirmed.
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19