Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
Published: 10:29 AM, 10 February 2020 Updated: 01:01 PM, 10 February 2020
The death toll from China’s coronavirus epidemic is continuously increasing as 91 more people died on Saturday. The number of deaths jumped to 904 globally on Monday as 902 people died in and outside the mainland of China. In addition, one in Hong Kong and one died in the Philippines.
The country’s health commission confirmed another 2,618 new cases in Hubei province, where the outbreak emerged in December. — reports South China Morning Star.
There are now more than 39,800 confirmed cases across China, based on previously released figures from the government. 97 people died in the last 24 hours, which is the highest number of deaths in a single day. In all, 910 people have died from the virus so far which surpasses the record of being killed by the SARS virus in 2002-2003.
According to the National Health Commission of China, 3,0622 people Have been affected in China in the last one day. So far, the total number of affected people is 40,171. Of them, 6500 people were reported to be in critical condition.
2,618 people were newly affected in Hubei. In all, 871 died in the province and 29,718 were 29,718 were affected. Of the 97 people who died in the last 24 hours, 91 died in Hubei, while the remaining 6 died in other parts of China. However, 1800 got healed in the province.
The new virus is believed to have emerged last year in a market that sells wild animals in Hubei’s capital Wuhan, the city at the center of the outbreak, before spreading across the country. In order to prevent the virus from spreading, China has separated Hubei province from the whole country where all contacts with the region are closed from outside the world, including China.
Coronavirus patients have been identified in 25 countries of the world, including all the provinces in China. So far, 270 outbreaks have been identified outside China. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a health emergency.
Of the 25 countries — China, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, United States, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Nepal, France, Australia, Canada, Germany, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, Taiwan, and Israel — are reported to have been affected. Besides, new patients are being identified everyday.
WHO said on Saturday that the number of cases being reported daily in China was “stabilizing”, although the health body warned it was too early to say if the virus had peaked.
- Bengali Drama on Coronavirus issue
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19