Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
Published: 10:32 PM, 13 February 2020
An official of the North Korean commerce office has been shot dead after leaving Quarantine Point for a public toilet. He was placed in quarantine on suspicion of having coronavirus after returning from a recent trip to China.
According to a report in the country’s daily The Dong-a Ilbo, the official was shot dead immediately after being arrested for fear of spreading coronavirus “for going to the public toilet”.
North Korea has not yet confirmed any coronavirus cases. However, Kim Jong-un, the country’s president, has imposed military law in North Korea as a precautionary measure against the outbreak in China.
He ordered to be kept quarantine those who have close relations with China or recently traveled to China — even though corona is not detected in their body.
Those who disobey the supreme leader’s order — the decree has been issued in North Korea specifically for anyone who leaves quarantine without permission. Pyongyang, meanwhile, has sent a man into exile after trying to visit home from China.
It is very difficult to disregard government orders in North Korea. In addition, many people are executed every year in the country but this cannot be verified. Rumors have surfaced that a senior North Korean leader had been deported following Kim Jong-un’s failed summit with US President Donald Trump last year. However, the officer was later seen in public standing beside Kim Jong-un.
In a Pyongyang announcement on Wednesday, the quarantine timeout for corona was increased by 30 days. However, the World Health Organization (WHO) officials have suggested quarantine on suspicion of the virus for 14 days.
The virus is believed to have been affected by a seafood market in Wuhan, the capital of China’s Hubei province, on December 31. In the meantime, the virus spread to 28 countries around the world, and 60,363 have been affected. And the death toll climbed to 1367.
Meanwhile, the highest number of fatalities so far was Wednesday where at least 254 people have died in the country that day.
The WHO named the virus COVID-19. Millions of more people are believed to be affected by the virus.
Source: Daily Mail
- Bengali Drama on Coronavirus issue
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19