Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
Published: 01:47 PM, 12 June 2019 Updated: 01:49 PM, 12 June 2019
A policeman has filed a lawsuit against wife as she deemanded Tk 10 lakh of marital dower and unable to face her torture. Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law were the culprits of torture.
On Monday, the policeman Ziad Khan filed the lawsuit against wife with the Barisal Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court. He is working in Barisal RRF Police Lines.
Judge Maruf Ahmed has ordered the Kashipur UP chairman of Barisal Sadar to investigate the matter and submit it in the court.
The accused are - wife Jannatul Naima Eti, mother-in-law Jahanara Begum, sister-in-law Fatema Mukti and brother-in-law Mohona Panchayet. Jannatul Naima, daughter of Nasir Panchayet of Billobari village of Kashipur UP.
Court Bench Assistant (Peskar) Md Jahirul Islam quoted the case as saying that
Jannatul and Ziad Khan were known each other through Facebook. On September 24, 2018, Jannatul made marriage dower (Kabin) by keeping Ziad as a hostage. Later, they rented the house of Sultan Ghazi of the RRF Police Lines and lived there.
On April 11, Jannatul demanded Tk 10 lakhs of marital dower from husband. As refusing to pay the money, Jannatul started torture to Ziad in different ways, such as not giving food to husband after returning from duty, even did not talk to her husband properly. Ziad used to tolerate everything because of obloquy.
Later, Jannatul went to her father’s house with Tk 1,20,000 and other valuable items. When he tried to bring her back, she demanded Tk 10 lakh dowry from husband.
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur