Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
Published: 03:13 PM, 23 April 2019 Updated: 03:15 PM, 23 April 2019
The government has appointed consulting firm for the construction of the two terminals at Payra port by 2021, under the government’s medium-term plan.
Sources informed that the government will build at least two terminals including six berths under this plan. It’s also known that, there will be a 10.5 miter depth cannel reservation system here. A project titled ‘Construction of first terminal and accessory facilities at Paira sea port’ has been launched, the source added.
It is learnt that, under this project, a terminal and other accessories will be built with three berths by 2021. In the implementation of the project by 2021, a total of Tk. 3,982 crore has been allocated in the ECNEC meeting. To speedily implement the project, an agreement has been signed between the Payra Port Authority and the three Korean consultant organizations (Joint Venture) in a special meeting held at the Shipping Ministry auditorium on Tuesday.
The three Korean companies are - Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited.
In the meeting, Shipping Ministry secretariat Md. Abdus Samad attainted while Payra Port Authority Chairman Commodore M Jahangir Alam, Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited’s chairman Jiong Lanoh, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited’s Director Daye Jinky and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited’s Country manager Eyun Sangju signed the agreement.
In order to implement the project, a single team and some sub-teams will complete all the consultant work while all the tasks are divided into two phases. Those are Design Phase and Supervision Phase.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Payra seaport in Kalapara upazila of Patuakhali district on November 19, 2013.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held