Condolences pour in from colleagues, others on Ashraf’ death
Published: 08:23 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 08:23 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Condolences poured in from colleagues and admirers across the political spectrum along with professional organizations on the death of Public Administration Minister and Awami League Presidium Member Syed Ashraful Islam who died at a Bangkok hospital last night (Thursday).
In a message of condolence, Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of Syed Ashraful Islam.
She said, “The country has lost a patriotic, honest and dedicated political leader at the death of Syed Ashraful Islam. The nation will remember his immense contribution to the political landscape forever with due respect.”
Dr Shirin prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Awami League (AL) General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader condoled death of Syed Ashraful Islam.
He said Syed Ashraful Islam had played very crucial roles at difficult times of the country as well as Awami League.
“The nation has lost a very honest, dedicated and courageous leader and his death is an irreparable loss to the country’s politics as well as the Awami League,” Quader added.
He urged the leaders and activists of Awami League to follow Ashraf’s ideology and humanitarian qualities for the well-being of the country. President of Workers Party of Bangladesh Rashed Khan Menon and General Secretary Fazle Hossain Badsha expressed deep shock at the death of Syed Ashraful Islam.
They prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Deputy Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad (JS) Md Fazle Rabbi Miah, Chief Whip ASM Feroz and Deputy leader Syeda Shajeda Chowdhury also expressed deep shock at the death of Syed Ashraful Islam.
Meanwhile, in separate condolence messages, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, Local Government, Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Khandker Mosharraf Hossain, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisur Haq,
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid and State Minister for Public Administration Ismat Ara Sadique and State Minister for ICT Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak expressed deep shock and prayed for the eternal peace of the departed soul.
Syed Ashraful Islam, MP, died of lung cancer at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok last night. He is survived by a daughter.
Ashraf was born in Mymensingh in 1952. His father Syed Nazrul Islam was acting the President of Mujibnagar government in 1971 and one of the key organizers of Bangladesh independence struggle.
- Burials begin for Christchurch shootings victims
- Zillur Rahman’s 6th death anniversary today
- Death toll from Mozambique, Zimbabwe floods exceeds 300
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery underway
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Abahani’s winning streak continues
- Speaker returns home
- BNP leaders resigning due to failure: Hanif
- Don`t use bamboo instead of rod: President
- Cricketer Mosharraf Hossain undergoes surgery in Singapore
- Another Brexit vote not ruled out
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Ganguly, Ponting back Pant as India`s No. 4 at WC
- Bangladesh issues travel alert to Australia, NZ
- Common blood pressure drug may increase cardiac arrest risk
- Nosimon driver killed in Magura accident
- GDP, per capita income increased: Finance Minister
- 8-point demands of students’ incl Suprovat driver’s penalty
- Rahmat advances 88 places after Afghanistan`s maiden Test win
- Bhutan PM to visit Bangladesh in Apr
- Petition seeking suspension of Khaleda’s bail
- National Memorial to remain closed from March 23 to 25
- Christchurch massacre: 6 bodies released to families
- Action to be taken against those responsible: CEC
- Rain likely at few places
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery tomorrow
- New Ducsu’s first executive meeting on Mar 23
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Tigers left New Zealand
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Obaidul Quader shifted to cabin from ICU
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal