Concussed Liton, Nayeem replaced by Miraz, Taijul
Published: 07:00 PM, 22 November 2019 Updated: 07:03 PM, 22 November 2019
While Bangladesh was left in the concerned situation following a wretched batting display, the situation became more complicated after Liton Das and Nayeem Hasan got injured during the first innings to be left out from the team.
Liton was firstly retired hurt after being blown by Indian pacers bouncer twice in consecutive overs. He was on 24, after dealing with Indian pacers with utmost confidence.
Liton was replaced by Mehidy Hasan Miraz, who batted in his place to score 8.
Nayeem also struck by a bouncer on his helmet during batting. His condition was understood once he returned to dressing room after being dismissed on 19. He was one of the three Bangladeshi batsmen to reach double digit figure in their first innings, in which they were skittled out for 106. Nayeem later was replaced by Taijul Islam.
This is the first time that two players were replaced by the other players, as per ICC’s latest concussion rule. And Bangladesh made this history in their very first day-night Test match.
As per concussion rule, Taijul would bowl only in this match while Miraz will just only bat.
The first use of such a substitute was during the Second Test at Lord’s in the 2019 Ashes series between England and Australia, when Steve Smith was hit on the neck by a bouncer by Jofra Archer in the first innings. He was later diagnosed as having suffered concussion and was ruled out of the remainder of the Test. Marnus Labuschagne was named as the official replacement for Smith and came to bat on the final day of the Test.
In the second Test between India and West Indies, Jermaine Blackwood was named replacement for an injured Darren Bravo and batted in the same innings. At the end of that innings Shannon Gabriel became the first person in test cricket to bat at number 12 in the batting order.
- Another cricketer died on field
- Tareque Masud’s 63rd birth anniv today
- ‘Ganatantro Mukti Dibas’ today
- India faces Windies in 1st T20 today
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Cinematographer Mahfuzur Rahman passes away
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty