Common misconceptions about heart diseases that you need to know
Published: 02:42 PM, 3 January 2018 Updated: 10:17 AM, 5 January 2018
Heart disease describes a range of conditions that affect your heart. Diseases under the heart disease include blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease; heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias); and heart defects (congenital heart defects).
It`s admitted by the WHO and the CDC, heart disease is the main cause of death in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia. The number of US adults diagnosed with heart disease stands at 26.6 million (11.3% of adult population).
We know that heart disease is the life-threatening disease,, but the question is how much we know about the heart disease? Some may refer to the Cardiovascular disease. But heart disease is not same as cardiovascular disease.
Cardiovascular disease assigned to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels which can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. On the other heart conditions that affect your heart`s muscle, valves or rhythm, are considered forms of heart disease.
Sometimes the young adults take heart diseases very lightly and thinking that it can only happen to old relatives and fried-food loving neighbors. but That’s not true. Young adults can also suffer from heart disease. so we need to take care of our hearts very carefully.
Busting the age-old is one of the common misconceptions about heart disease. but there is also some misconception that we need to know. Here a list of the misconceptions that you need to know to secure yourself and your loved ones from the killer heart ailments.
You’ll get heart disease if it runs in your family
It is totally false that genetics can play role in heart disease. A large number of people suffer from heart disease because of their irregular and poor lifestyle choices. This includes not eating healthy food such as nutrients, vitamins and destitute choices like smoking and drinking, stress and little or no physical activity.
All fats are bad for heart
Many people consider that the simple way to eliminate heart disease to go off fats. but it is not true. All fats are not bad for your health. The artificially made Trans fats, also called partially hydrogenated oils are the ones that need to avoid at all cost. They are usually found in baked and processed foods that claim to be ‘healthier’ options!
Chest pains indicate a heart attack
it is one of the most common apprehensive that chest pain indicates a heart attack. While it is common to have chest pains during a heart attack, but it is not the case. There is something called as the ‘Silent attack’ which often has very subtle symptoms that can easily be mistaken for something else. The symptoms include nausea, shortness of breath, light-headedness, pain or discomfort in both arms, neck or joints. never ignore that these casual symptoms and if you ever feel one you need to rush to a doctor.
Diabetes does not cause heart diseases on medication
Never take diabetes lightly. After heart diseases, diabetes in the second biggest threatening disease in the country! No matter how many medications a diabetic takes to keep their blood sugar levels in check, they are always at the risk of suffering from heart disease. To beat the heart disease, you need to keep your cholesterol in check and shake off that extra weight and never ignore your body symptoms.
Men are more likely to fall into heart disease
NOT TRUE. Men and women both are susceptible to heart disease. However, it is commonly found that men suffer from heart disease at an earlier age, while women suffered from heart disease before the age of 55. There are a lot of factors that contribute to this such as stress, the lack of physical activity, lifestyle, belly fat and testosterone levels.
- ‘No difficulty in Padma Bridge for coronavirus’
- Youth held for selling fake question paper in Lalmonirhat
- Appoint doctors in prison hospital’s vacant posts: HC
- Taposh’s manifesto promises to build modern Dhaka
- Moyna; a brave woman entrepreneur
- Mymensingh farmers busy cultivating Boro paddy
- Jet evacuates Americans from China
- New route being built on Dhaka to Ctg-Sylhet
- Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin Noor Jehan dies of cancer
- Japanese brings back 206 evacuees from Wuhan
- UAE confirms first coronavirus cases
- ‘Deal of the Century’ best betrayal of century: Iran
- Question leaker held in capital
- ‘Bollywood does not need international audiences’
- US dropped record number of bombs in Afghanistan
- Robbing with law enforcers identity, 3 detained
- Severe floods in Brazil leave 52 dead
- 7.7 quake hits Caribbean, Tsunami warning issued
- Jamal Bhuyan stood by the cold affecteds on street
- Kobe Bryant’s body among 3 identified
- 67 foreign observers in city polls
- Light rain or drizzle likely
- Coronavirus exceeds SARS virus
- AC Milan knock out Torino to reach Coppa Italia semis
- ‘I do not want coronavirus in Bangladesh, so I will not return’
- Coronavirus: Germany confirms 3 more cases
- Trump releases long-awaited Middle-East peace plan
- India faces NZ in 3rd T20 today
- Coronavirus death toll exceeding to 132
- 3 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin fare Tk 15,000!
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 106
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- ‘Coronavirus will not enter Bangladesh’