Common misconceptions about heart diseases that you need to know
Published: 02:42 PM, 3 January 2018 Updated: 10:17 AM, 5 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Heart disease describes a range of conditions that affect your heart. Diseases under the heart disease include blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease; heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias); and heart defects (congenital heart defects).
It`s admitted by the WHO and the CDC, heart disease is the main cause of death in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia. The number of US adults diagnosed with heart disease stands at 26.6 million (11.3% of adult population).
We know that heart disease is the life-threatening disease,, but the question is how much we know about the heart disease? Some may refer to the Cardiovascular disease. But heart disease is not same as cardiovascular disease.
Cardiovascular disease assigned to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels which can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. On the other heart conditions that affect your heart`s muscle, valves or rhythm, are considered forms of heart disease.
Sometimes the young adults take heart diseases very lightly and thinking that it can only happen to old relatives and fried-food loving neighbors. but That’s not true. Young adults can also suffer from heart disease. so we need to take care of our hearts very carefully.
Busting the age-old is one of the common misconceptions about heart disease. but there is also some misconception that we need to know. Here a list of the misconceptions that you need to know to secure yourself and your loved ones from the killer heart ailments.
You’ll get heart disease if it runs in your family
It is totally false that genetics can play role in heart disease. A large number of people suffer from heart disease because of their irregular and poor lifestyle choices. This includes not eating healthy food such as nutrients, vitamins and destitute choices like smoking and drinking, stress and little or no physical activity.
All fats are bad for heart
Many people consider that the simple way to eliminate heart disease to go off fats. but it is not true. All fats are not bad for your health. The artificially made Trans fats, also called partially hydrogenated oils are the ones that need to avoid at all cost. They are usually found in baked and processed foods that claim to be ‘healthier’ options!
Chest pains indicate a heart attack
it is one of the most common apprehensive that chest pain indicates a heart attack. While it is common to have chest pains during a heart attack, but it is not the case. There is something called as the ‘Silent attack’ which often has very subtle symptoms that can easily be mistaken for something else. The symptoms include nausea, shortness of breath, light-headedness, pain or discomfort in both arms, neck or joints. never ignore that these casual symptoms and if you ever feel one you need to rush to a doctor.
Diabetes does not cause heart diseases on medication
Never take diabetes lightly. After heart diseases, diabetes in the second biggest threatening disease in the country! No matter how many medications a diabetic takes to keep their blood sugar levels in check, they are always at the risk of suffering from heart disease. To beat the heart disease, you need to keep your cholesterol in check and shake off that extra weight and never ignore your body symptoms.
Men are more likely to fall into heart disease
NOT TRUE. Men and women both are susceptible to heart disease. However, it is commonly found that men suffer from heart disease at an earlier age, while women suffered from heart disease before the age of 55. There are a lot of factors that contribute to this such as stress, the lack of physical activity, lifestyle, belly fat and testosterone levels.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves