Comilla beat Rajshahi Kings by 5 wickets
Published: 10:52 PM, 11 January 2019 Updated: 10:52 PM, 11 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Comilla Victorians beat Rajshahi Kings by 5 wickets in the 10th BPL match at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Friday. Comilla chased down the 125-run target with 8-ball in hand.
Chasing the target Comilla Victorians got a decent start. Anamul Haque and E Lewis added 65-run in the opening stand. After losing Lewis (28), Anamul and Tamim continue to score run. It was absolutely drilled by Tamim, Udana put his left boot out to try and stop but simply ended up deflecting it onto the stumps at the bowler's end with Anamul caught dumbfounded. He was barely two steps outside the crease, but it happened all too quickly. 87/2
From 87/2 to 109 Victorians lost 3 wickets and brought pressure on them. But Shahid Afridi (9) and Liam Dawson (12) unbeaten 21-run stand help the Comilla Victorians to beat Kings with 8 ball in hand.
Despite a firm batting show by Rajshahi Kings captain Mehidhy Hasan Miraz while opening for the first time in Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), Comilla Victorians wrapped it up for 124 at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Friday.
Imrul Kayes, who is leading Comilla Victorians in the absence of Steve Smith, won the toss and decided to bowl first. The decision came as a blessing for Comilla who took two wickets of Rajshahi in only 20 runs.
Rajshahi captain Miraz opened the innings for his team with Mominul Haque. But they managed only 20 runs in the first wicket stand. Mominul (3) was the first man to get dismissed. Mohammad Saifuddin took the wicket of Mominul, and in the very next ball, he dismissed Soumya Sarkar (0) who is struggling to live up to the expectation in the BPL.
Rajshahi lost three wickets at 53 runs when Pakistan star Shahid Afridi came to the action. He took two wickets in successive two balls removing Mehidy Hasan (30) and Laurie Evans (0) after Liam Dawson removed Mohammad Hafeez (16).
Eventually, Rajshahi tumbled for 124 runs after Isuru Udana scored 32 at number nine which remained Kings' best knock in the match.
Shahid Afridi took three wickets for 10 runs in four overs while Abu Hider Rony, Liam Dawson and Mohammad Saifuddin bagged two wickets each for the Victorians.
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man killed in Paltan road crash
- Levitating objects with light
- Movement of Suprobhat, Jabal-e-Noor buses suspended
- 300 ‘Su-Probhat’ buses on road; appro70 only
- Cucsu polls to be held soon
- 2 buses collision kills 3 in Sirajganj
- 2 burnt in Ctg gas line explosion
- No exam till class-III
- 4yrs minor girl raped by ‘uncle’
- Biz ldrs oppose Govt’s gas price hike plan
- US-Bangla starts Chennai flights from March 31
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- 1,221 recommended for cadre posts
- Indian investors interested to energy sec
- HC bans making film, drama on Jaha Alam
- BIWTA thrashes 185 illegal structures
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Students call off movement till March 28
- India beat Bangladesh to raced into SAFF final
- Doctor jailed using own sperm fertilizing more than 50 women
- Farhad, Saif powers Doleshwar to easy victory
- Ducsu AGS with student movement
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Ardern calls for global anti-racism fight
- Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda in another case
- Fake notes of Tk 8 lakh seized: 4 held
- Not full adults until 30s: Sci
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- 4 to die for killing sibling farmers in M’singh
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand