Comilla Medical College shut after BCL clash
Published: 03:40 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 08:29 PM, 22 January 2018
The authorities on Friday shut Comilla Medical College until January 11 following a clash between two factions of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), the student wing of ruling Awami League.
Sources said, most of the students have left their dormitories as the authorities earlier asked them to leave those by 2pm on Friday. Additional police have been deployed on the campus to avert further trouble.
Witness said, the clash ensued at the Sheikh Russel Dormitory around 2:30 am between two groups of the BCL over establishing supremacy in the Medical College that left 10 students injured. The injured students are supporters of BCL of Comilla Medical College former president Abdul Hannan and Habibur Rahman.
Among the injured students condition of the two are so critical. They were identified as Toufiq Ahmed and Irfanul Haque. Both of them are student of 23rd batch in the medical college. They are seriously injured.
Irfanul was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital after the incident. Toufiq was admitted to the city`s Moon Hospital. Later, he was admitted to Square Hospital in the capital. The remaining injured students were admitted to the Comilla Medical College Hospital.
Principal of the medical college Mohiuzzaman Chowdhury said a clash between two groups of BCL activists broke out around 2:30 am over establishing supremacy on the campus. Later, we have informed it the law enforcement agencies and the local MP. Police brought the situation under control.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves