College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
Published: 09:40 PM, 27 February 2020
Sick Shahnaz at home; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A college girl named Shahnaz Khatun has been brutally tortured in the hands of a man who appeared as a ‘Jiner Badshah’ in Kalihati, Tangail.
The incident took place at Madariyapara village on Monday night.
Shahnaz Khatun, daughter of Shahjahan and a first-year Honors student of Ibrahim Kha Government College of Bhuapur upazila. Since then, Haji Darog Ali, the alleged ‘Jiner Badshah’, has been absconding.
According to sources and details of the incident, Shahnaz Khatun suddenly fell ill on Monday. In this, Haji Darog Ali, from the nearby house, said that Shahnaz was captured by a ‘Jinn’. Without ‘Jiner Badshah’, she cannot be saved. During this, Haji Darog Ali appeared himself as ‘Jiner Badshah’ and started exorcism to college girl Shahnaz.
At one point, the alleged Darog Ali began to physically torture Shahnaz. Shahnaz later got seriously ill. At that time, a man from the adjoining house admitted Shahnaz at the nearby Bhuapur Upazila Health Complex at around 12:00 am.
The hospital authorities sent the student to Tangail General Hospital on Tuesday morning when her condition deteriorated. The doctors later gave Shahnaz several medical checkups, including city scans.
However, the hospital authorities discharged Shahnaz from the hospital under the influence of the alleged ‘Jiner Badshah’ Haji Darog Ali. She was later brought home.
Shahnaz’s mother said, “My daughter’s eyes got bad state for the torture of Jiner Badshah. My family will take action regarding this.”
Shahnaz Khatun said, “I want exemplary punishment for this incident.”
On the other hand, accused Haji Darog Ali was not found when tried to contact over the phone.
Besides, Kalihati Police Station OC Hasan Al Mamun said no one has complained so far yet. If the complaint is received, the necessary steps will be taken, he added.
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed