Cold wave may continue till Jan 9
Published: 01:57 PM, 7 January 2018
Mild to moderate cold wave sweeping over the country and may continue for the next two days. The chilling condition is likely to improve from January 10, a met office press release said on Sunday.
According to the release, the mild to moderate cold wave, sweeping over Dhaka, Mymensingh and Barisal divisions and the remaining parts of Rajshahi, Rangpur and Khulna divisions and the regions of Srimangal and Sitakunda, is also likely to continue by this time.
Nijhum Rokeya Ahmed, a meteorologist at Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD), told media, "The severe cold wave is sweeping over Rajshahi, Pabna, Dinajpur and Kushtia regions and it may continue for the next two days."
The weather may start to be normal from January 10, she added.
Met office said, moderate to thick fog may occur over the country from mid night to tomorrow morning and it may continue at some places till noon while weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky over the country.
Night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
Maximum temperature was recorded 26.2 degreescelsius at Teknaf in Chittagong division on Saturday and today`s minimum temperature was recorded 5.1 degrees celsius in Dinajpur.
The sun sets at 5:26 pm today and rises at 6:43 am tomorrow in Dhaka.
Earlier, met office said, a cold wave and two mild cold waves may sweep over the country in January. Besides, temperature may decrease below 8 degree Celsius in some parts of the country during the period.
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- 157 schools damaged in Tangail flood
- AL pays homage to Aug 21 grenade attack victims
- Record 11.23-lakh tons maize produced in Rangpur
- Eunuchs sought punishment for in-community others
- Bangladesh mission in Delhi pay tributes to Aug 21 attack victims
- NZ women cricket’s same-sex couple expecting first child
- Mistrust, new conditions threaten to derail Rohingya repatriation
- Child rape accused held in Jhenaidah
- “Appeal hearing to start this year”
- 2 get life term for killing two Bangladeshis
- Now OC Moazzem seeks bail in HC
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Refuse immoral proposal, principal locks teacher in bathroom
- Over 2,300 tigers killed and trafficked this century
- Nightguard’s slit-throat body found in Fatullah
- AL’s programs on anniv of grenade attack
- 6 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan Army responds to LoC firing
- Newly-wed couple found hanging with same rope
- Nayak Raj’s two years of departure
- 1st dual security key launches with Lightning and USB-C
- Hackers deliver malware via fake NordVPN website
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again