Cold wave may continue for a day or two
Published: 02:02 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 10:37 AM, 6 January 2018
Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over the country and may continue for a day or two.
According to the weather bulletin, Which met office issued on Friday morning, a mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping Rangpur, Rajshahi, Khulna divisions and the regions of Tangail, Faridpur, Netrokona, Srimangal and Barisal.
The weather bulletin also said, a ridge of sub-continental high extends up to West Bengal and adjoining northwestern part of Bangladesh caused the drop in temperature. Weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky over the country, it added.
Moderate to thick fog may occur over the country from mid-night to morning and it may continue at some places over the country till noon. Night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
The sunsets at 5.25 pm today and rises at 6.42 am tomorrow in the capital.
Meanwhile, the lowest temperature in Bangladesh was recorded at southwestern district of Chuadanga at 6.5 degrees Celsius on Thursday, which is the the lowest in this winter. The highest was recorded in Khulna’s Mongla at 28.8 degrees.
In Dhaka, the mercury dropped to 10.5 degrees while in Rangpur 9, Dinajpur 8.9, Srimangal 8.6, Tangail 8.5, Gopalganj 8.4, Mymensingh 8 and Jessore 7.6.
- Motorcyclist killed in Sylhet road crash
- College student dies of dengue in Shariatpur
- Griezmann hits two to seal Barca`s first La Liga win
- Floods kill 62 in Sudan
- Today’s sports on TV
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don’t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- I am half Sindhi, half Peshawar: Sonam Kapoor
- No bar to publish 9th wage board gazette