Cold wave likely to continue over country
Published: 01:16 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 01:22 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over the country in the next 24-hour ending tomorrow at 9:00 am, said the Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) office on Friday.
According to BMD weather bulletin, mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over Rajshahi, and rest part of Rangpur divisions and the regions of Tangail, Faridpur, Madaripur, Gopalganj, Satkhira, Jashore, Kushtia, Srimongal, Bhola and it may continue.
In the meantime, a severe cold wave is sweeping over Panchagarh district.
Meanwhile, weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky over the country during the period.
However, light to moderate for is likely to occur at places over the country during late night to morning.
Besides, night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
A ridge of Sub-continental high extends upto West Bengal and adjoining area. So, seasonal low lies over South Bay.
Country’s maximum temperature recorded yesterday 29.0 degree Celsius at Sandwip and Cox’s Bazar of Chattogram division while today’s minimum temperature recorded 5.9 degree Celsius at Tetulia of Rangpur division.
Today’s sunset at Dhaka will be 5:25 pm and sunrise tomorrow at Dhaka will be 6:42 am.
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- Al Shabaab raid kills 11 in Somalia
- BNP will face extinction like Jamaat: Hanif
- BKSP clicnh thrilling victory over Brother Union
- UK police arrested 104 yrs woman
- True-Meaning Wearable Displays
- SAU student killed; pushed off moving bus
- Butterfly numbers down: Study
- Nano-bot can probe inside human cells
- Chemical of old Dhaka is now residential area
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed