Cold wave likely to continue over country
Published: 01:16 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 01:22 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over the country in the next 24-hour ending tomorrow at 9:00 am, said the Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) office on Friday.
According to BMD weather bulletin, mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over Rajshahi, and rest part of Rangpur divisions and the regions of Tangail, Faridpur, Madaripur, Gopalganj, Satkhira, Jashore, Kushtia, Srimongal, Bhola and it may continue.
In the meantime, a severe cold wave is sweeping over Panchagarh district.
Meanwhile, weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky over the country during the period.
However, light to moderate for is likely to occur at places over the country during late night to morning.
Besides, night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
A ridge of Sub-continental high extends upto West Bengal and adjoining area. So, seasonal low lies over South Bay.
Country’s maximum temperature recorded yesterday 29.0 degree Celsius at Sandwip and Cox’s Bazar of Chattogram division while today’s minimum temperature recorded 5.9 degree Celsius at Tetulia of Rangpur division.
Today’s sunset at Dhaka will be 5:25 pm and sunrise tomorrow at Dhaka will be 6:42 am.
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- No cattle hat blocking roads: DMP Commissioner
- Books in hand, fear in mind
- Priya Shaha sacked form BHBCUC
- Farmers passing busy days in cattle fattening
- Police HQ asks units to stop child-lifting rumor
- Imran Khan vows to reform Pakistan cricket
- Flood shut over 100 edu institutes in Tangail
- Dredging on railway
- Special supervising cell for defaulters
- Hong Kong reels from armed mob violence
- BD peacekeeper electrocuted in Central African Republic
- Bangladesh to tour Pakistan
- HC summons DNCC, DSCC chief health officials
- 3 placed on 4-day remand over Badda lynching
- 2 more schools made public
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Habiganj Civil Surgeon dies of dengue virus
- Local AL leader shot dead in Satkhira
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Iran announces arrests, death sentences as CIA spy ring busted
- ‘CNG stations to remain open 24 hrs for 11 days in Eid’
- Rain or thundershowers likely
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix get engaged
- Man accused in 18 cases killed in Bakshiganj gunfight
- DU gates locked for 2nd day
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after her return: Quader
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Minni sent to jail
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web