Cold wave likely to continue for 5 days
Published: 10:11 AM, 11 January 2019 Updated: 10:11 AM, 11 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over the country and it may continue for the next five days, said the Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) issued a weather bulletin on Friday morning.
According to BMD office weather bulletin, Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over Rangpur division and the regions of Rajshahi, Pabna, Naogaon, Chuadanga & Moulvibazar and it may continue.
In the meantime, weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky over the country the next 24 hour ending at tomorrow 9:00 am.
Besides, night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country during the period.
However, light to moderate fog may occur at places over the country during late night to morning.
Meanwhile, a ridge of Sub-continental high extends up to West Bengal and adjoining area. Seasonal low lies over South Bay.
Country’s maximum temperature recorded yesterday 27.6 degree Celsius at Teknaf of Chattogram divisions while today's minimum temperature 7.4 degree Celsius at Badalgachhi of Rajshahi divisions.
Today Sunsets will be at Dhaka 6:44 pm and tomorrow Sunrise will be at Dhaka 5:29 am.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal