Coins now stagnant!
Published: 11:06 PM, 25 April 2018
Metallic coins and small paper notes are all stagnant now. Even if these coins are not banned by the state, nobody is interested to take it. Even these coins are not worth the money in the banks of finances.
Noakhali businessmen have now caught up in problems with them. The retail and wholesale traders of the district have deposits worth millions of taka. These coins and notes are not accepted by public and private banks.
Companies who buy goods from them, these companies do not even take such a coin. In this situation, traders are forced to sell these coins to different places of the country with a budget of Tk12-15. As a result, the traders should `get the advantage of molasses ants` condition.
On Wednesday, some large shops in Sonpur Bazar of Noakhali District Sadar were found to have coins of different coins in small quantities. Traders have left these coins in synthetic bags, sacks and paper cartons, and the traders left the warehouse. Not only big business, small businessmen are also in trouble.
Owner of `Silver-Tree` at Sonapur Bazar, Nigar said that he got a thousand of takas of coins got within a month from the buyers. If this money becomes lazy to a small capital trader, then how will they do business, this question is from Nigar.
BD Foods Sales Representative Alam said that, in order to deliver the goods, there are many coins and small notes from retail vendors to be forced to comply. But do not want to deposit these coins and notes in the bank. As a result, it is often to give this money to others in losses of Tk 12 to 15.
Md. Azad Uddin, grocer trader at Kalahujur in the district headquarters said that small traders usually come in small value notes. The moneylenders, companies or banks are not poor. They do not keep small notes in the hands of the poor. His complaint is that there are many private banks who do not want to keep notes of 10 takas, 20 takas.
Azad said that they have to do business in competition. All buyers do not come to the market with big notes. So they have to keep all the small notes. And in the same way, the burden of small notes is growing day by day.
Sonali Bank Ltd., Noakhali Head Branch, AGM Mohammad Harun Ur Rashid said that coins and small paper currency notes were kept in place to keep the money management normal. Small businesses will not have problems if banks and business entities take notes of coins and small money earnestly.
He mentioned the instructions of the Bangladesh Bank and acknowledged their limitations and said that everyone wants to give small notes and coins, but not want to take it. However, he said the problem is serious, he said only the government or the Bangladesh Bank can solve the issue of coins or small notes.
When talking to Md Shafiqul Islam, a lecturer of Economics Department of Noakhali Science and Technology University, he said that notes of small coins and paper do not accept bank or large institutions, on the one hand, the small traders are facing capital crisis, while on the other hand, interest on small savings has been lost. Therefore, the government and Bangladesh Bank will have to determine the policy so that such small money coins and paper notes are forced to take all the banks and institutions.
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- Passengers suffer at Jamalpur station to collect tickets
- Bangladesh sought Saudi diplomats help for Rohingyas back
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry