Cleanliness of RMCH in city mayor’s initiative
Published: 01:46 PM, 27 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
There were weeds and dirt-rubbish stacks in Rajshahi city. College and hospital premises and the buildings were filled with various types of weeds.
Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) Mayor AHM Khairuzzaman Liton has changed this scene in three days of the special crash program in Rajshahi Medical College and Hospital (RMCH). The hospital has changed in and out of the way. Dirty-unclean has turned into the clean-lustrous atmosphere.
City Corporation’s panel mayor-1, 12 no. ward councilor and President of Waste Management Standing Committee, Shariful Islam Babu said that 170 laborers of the city corporation have done the cleaning work in three days at RMCH.
“The workers cleaned the hospital and the college premises, the outdoor terrace of the hospital, inside and outside of the wards, the various building complexes, the student hostels, and the surroundings and the adjacent complexes. Because of this, beauty has increased on one side, while on the other side the mosquito population is declining,” they said.
Hospitals and relatives that are coming to medical are now feeling relief in the cleanliness of the hospital. They say that the hospital's image has changed in three days. The hospital authorities should keep the condition clean and shiny.
In front of the slogan ‘Let us all create a green, clean, environmentally friendly and affordable city’, on February 23, the Mayor of RCC AHM Khairuzzaman Liton inaugurated the 15-day special crash program for cleanliness and mosquito control. The program is in progress in 30 wards of the city.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects