Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
Published: 04:42 PM, 23 February 2019
A crush program related to cleanliness and mosquito control has been launched at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH) in the city aims at ensuring a safe and hygienic atmosphere to its patients and others concerned.
Mayor of Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) AHM Khairuzzaman Liton attended and addressed the launching ceremony as chief guest with its Panel Mayor Shariful Islam Babu in the chair at the hospital campus on Saturday.
RMCH Director Brig Gen Jamilur Rahman, Commissioner of Rajshahi Metropolitan Police AKM Hafiz Akter, Additional Commissioner of Rajshahi division Jakir Hossain and Principal of Rajshahi Medical College Prof Nawshad Ali also spoke on the occasion.
Mayor Liton urged all concerned to make the crush program a total success so that it can create awareness among people about the importance of clean and neat surroundings.
He also invited people from all walks of life to take part in the program by cleaning their surroundings and making a promise of making the environment beautiful by not littering.
He said sound health is the most important wealth and urged the citizens to maintain cleanliness to improve city environment and reduce the extent of diseases aiming to build a healthy and prosperous nation.
Liton told the meeting that the RCC has distributed 12,000 dustbins among the businesspersons in phases so that they could keep their respective places clean.
The city corporation has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Prism Bangladesh Foundation (PBF), a non-government development organization, aims at medical waste management hygienically.
Under the MoU, the city corporation will manage medical waste properly aiming to protect public health as well as the country’s environment as the infectious medical wastes are very harmful to public health as well as environment.
Liton says the city corporation will set up a medical waste management plant in the near future to address the ongoing problems in waste management. There will have separate arrangement for collection of medical wastes from both public and private clinics and diagnostic centers.
None will be allowed to dumping medical waste into water bodies and open space ignoring the mandatory requirement to disinfect the waste before
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Independence Day
- President hosts reception on Independence Day
- AL Presidium Committee meeting March 29
- DU celebrates Independence Day
- AL to hold discussion on Independence Day tomorrow
- PM releases stamps, opens Post Office’s digital financial service
- Mamata greets Bangladesh on Independence Day
- Youth held for derogatory comments on PM, Joy
- Mohin’s new song ‘Russel Amader Sadhinota’
- Pentagon authorizes $1 bn for Trump’s border wall
- Washington declares ‘Bangladesh Day’ today
- Schoolgirl killed as leguna fell into ditch in Cumilla
- Obaidul Quader shifted to cabin from ICU
- Rain or thundershowers with gusty wind likely
- Google doodle celebrates Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Barca wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- La Liga wishes Bangladesh on Independence Day
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Independence Day
- President, PM pays homage to Liberation War heroes
- Nation celebrating 49th Independence Day
- Build advance country being imbued with patriotism: PM
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- Bangladesh to be poverty free by 2030: Kamal
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket hits house
- British MPs bid to take control over Brexit
- Nation observes one-minute `blackout`
- At least 18 dead as floods sweep Iran
- National anthem to be sung simultaneously nationwide tomorrow
- President visits Combined Military Hardware Display
- Fruits that burn fat like crazy
- All News »
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Colourful Career of the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army
- PM mourns death of singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah
- Two drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery decision today
- Singer Shahnaj Rahmatullah dies
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery underway
- Man detained for anti-state campaign in capital
- New Zealand to ban military-style weapons