Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
Published: 04:42 PM, 23 February 2019
A crush program related to cleanliness and mosquito control has been launched at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH) in the city aims at ensuring a safe and hygienic atmosphere to its patients and others concerned.
Mayor of Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) AHM Khairuzzaman Liton attended and addressed the launching ceremony as chief guest with its Panel Mayor Shariful Islam Babu in the chair at the hospital campus on Saturday.
RMCH Director Brig Gen Jamilur Rahman, Commissioner of Rajshahi Metropolitan Police AKM Hafiz Akter, Additional Commissioner of Rajshahi division Jakir Hossain and Principal of Rajshahi Medical College Prof Nawshad Ali also spoke on the occasion.
Mayor Liton urged all concerned to make the crush program a total success so that it can create awareness among people about the importance of clean and neat surroundings.
He also invited people from all walks of life to take part in the program by cleaning their surroundings and making a promise of making the environment beautiful by not littering.
He said sound health is the most important wealth and urged the citizens to maintain cleanliness to improve city environment and reduce the extent of diseases aiming to build a healthy and prosperous nation.
Liton told the meeting that the RCC has distributed 12,000 dustbins among the businesspersons in phases so that they could keep their respective places clean.
The city corporation has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Prism Bangladesh Foundation (PBF), a non-government development organization, aims at medical waste management hygienically.
Under the MoU, the city corporation will manage medical waste properly aiming to protect public health as well as the country’s environment as the infectious medical wastes are very harmful to public health as well as environment.
Liton says the city corporation will set up a medical waste management plant in the near future to address the ongoing problems in waste management. There will have separate arrangement for collection of medical wastes from both public and private clinics and diagnostic centers.
None will be allowed to dumping medical waste into water bodies and open space ignoring the mandatory requirement to disinfect the waste before
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- Expatriate to jail praying bail
- Trump warns any conflict with Iran `wouldn`t last long`
- President urged to protect rights of physically challenged people
- 1 kg heroin seized in Rajshahi, youth detained
- Ershad in ICU
- Surath Kumar made Chief Information Officer
- Bill before finishing project
- Pakistan restrict New Zealand to 237
- Breakfast miss! It rises risk of death: study
- Abahani making history beating India 1-0
- PM embarks on five-day China visit Monday
- Two to walk gallows for raping girl in Shariatpur
- Photos of drowned father and daughter spark global outrage
- PM fears safety disruption in Rohingya return dilatory
- Arrest warrant against 78 in DU question leak
- Rabindra University: HC bars VC, 3 other to run activities
- Bogura road crash kills schoolboy
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage