Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
Published: 10:57 PM, 26 June 2019
A two-day “Clean Technology Fair” began today in the capital to make a bridge between industry owners and technology suppliers aiming at creating improved production processes of metal components for Bangladesh construction sector.
A total of 70 clean technology providers are being exhibited their different services at the fair while numbers of banks also joined offering their “Green Banking” loan schemes, a press release said here.
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) organised the fair as a local partner of the European Union (EU) supported “Metabuild” project at Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB) Bhaban here,
Chairman of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Development Authority (SREDA) Md Helal Uddin inaugurated the fair as the chief guest while DCCI Senior Vice President Waqar Ahmad Choudhury delivered welcome speech.
SREDA’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Member Siddique Zobair, EU programme Managers Dario Trombetta and Manfred Femholz, Metabuild Senior technical expert Rajat Batra and DCCI Vice President Imran Ahmed also spoke among others.
They hoped that the fail will be an ideal platform for the technology suppliers to explore the large growth potential Bangladesh market and to establish new partnerships.
The four-year ‘Metabuild’ project, started in 2016, is being conducted by a consortium consisting of seven partners while the DCCI is the local partner in Bangladesh.
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India is the overall coordinator and in charge of project implementation while AREC (Austria) and STENUM Asia (India) are providing the technical inputs.
The overall objectives of the project are to create improved production processes of metal components and to improve environmental quality as well as working and living conditions in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death