Chinese delegation calls on DU VC
Published: 07:47 PM, 21 November 2018 Updated: 07:47 PM, 21 November 2018
A delegation of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China led by its Vice President Prof. Dr. HE Chuantian called on Dhaka University (DU) Vice-Chancellor (VC) Professor Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman today at the latter’s office.
Chinese team members include Prof. Dr. Duoyou Chen and WU Junfeng.
Director of DU Institute of Modern Languages Prof. Dr. Shishir Bhattachariya and Dr. Md. Afzal Hossain of the same institute were present on this occasion.
During the meeting they discussed matters of mutual interest. They exchanged views about ongoing joint collaborative academic programs between DU Institute of Modern Languages and Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
They stressed the need for further strengthening these collaborative programs between the two institutions.
They pointed out that Bangladesh and China have been enjoying friendly relations in the arena of education, culture, trade and others sectors for long time.
Possibilities of exchange of teachers and students between the two universities were also discussed in the meeting.
Prof. Dr. HE Chuantian and DU VC Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman appraised each other of academic programs and history of their respective university.
Prof. Dr. HE Chuantian has invited DU VC Prof. Akhtaruzzaman to visit his university and DU VC accepted this invitation.
DU VC thanked Prof. Dr. HE Chuantian and his team members for their visit and keen interest for strengthening collaboration with Dhaka University.
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 300 orphan received PM’s Eid gifts
- Lightning kills three in Habiganj
- Injury scare for Eoin Morgan
- Tigers’ fan song ‘Cholo Bangladesh’ for World Cup composed
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- SpaceX launches first satellites of its internet network
- Mosque blast kills 2 in Pakistan
- British PM Theresa May announces to resign
- Itikaf: Significance and its virtues in Ramadan
- Sri Lanka to bowl first against SA
- Two country`s pending issues will be resolved: Quader
- Modi plots course after landslide Indian election win
- Kushtia Tailors passing busy time
- 3 more Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- Rain with gusty wind likely over country
- PCB bans wives and family from travelling with team
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- `Final should not decide my future`
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Shakib-less Bangladesh opt to field
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar