Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
Published: 08:59 PM, 26 February 2020 Updated: 09:00 PM, 26 February 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Chinsese President Xi Jinping
Chinese President Xi Jinping has appreciated Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s letter to him offering solidarity and assistance to deal with the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
“Your letter of sympathy and support has come at an unusual moment when China is waging a battle against the outbreak of the novel coronavirus,” the Chinese president said in an appreciation message to the Bangladesh premier.
“On behalf of the Communist Party of China, the Chinese government and the Chinese people, I would like to express our appreciation for the friendly sentiments of the government and people of Bangladesh cherish towards China as was adequately reflected in your letter,” said Jinping, also the general secretary of Central Committee of Communist Party of China.
On February 13, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina sent a letter to the Chinese president, expressing deep condolences for the loss of lives due to the outbreak of ‘coronavirus’ in China and offering the readiness of Bangladesh to extend any help to mitigate the plight of the victims.
In the letter, the premier said: “It is my firm conviction that the government of China, under your great leadership, will be able to face and stop the aggravation of the situation with utmost capacity and control.”
Sheikh Hasina said the government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh is ready to extend any help to mitigate the plight of the victims.
The Chinese president said since the outbreak, China has responded with concerted efforts of the entire nation and taken the most comprehensive, rigorous and thorough prevention and control measures.
“Thanks to these painstaking efforts, significant progress has been achieved in the war on the epidemic. We have full confidence, capability and determination to prevail in containing and mitigating the epidemic,” he said.
Jinping said China will strive to meet this year’s economic and social development goals. “China’s robust epidemic response is meant not only to protect the life, safety, and health of the Chinese people but also to make a contribution to global public health,” he said.
The Chinese president said: “As a dearly beloved statesman of the Bangladeshi people, His Excellency Sheikh Mujibur Rahman played a significant role in promoting China-Bangladesh relations.”
“We in China are following with intense interest the “Mujib Year” celebrations and wishing you complete success,” he said.
- Health officials coronavirus infected in N’ganj
- ‘YFSA’ stands beside 200 families
- Coronavirus death toll mounting to .10 million
- Medical aid in hilly areas by Air Force’s helicopter
- EU could fail to coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation unit at Titumir College
- Coast Guard DDG promoted to rear admiral
- 244 Bangladeshis infected with Coronavirus in Singapore
- 286 sailors of US warship detected coronavirus
- Two more infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Drug dealer detained with 78-kg marijuana
- President calls for prayer at home on night of Shab-e-Barat
- Food distributed among 800 families in Nandail
- Measures to do at hospital to refrain from COVID-19
- PM urges everyone to devote with teachings of Shab-e-Barat
- Barricades on roads in Kotalipara
- People rushing to banks for withdrawing money
- DNCC opens hotline for relief
- CMP monitors home quarantine through mobile app
- 5 rounds of rocket attacks at US base in Afghanistan
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- Bangladesh`s home series against Australia postponed
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Army to go tough from today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- China to ban eating cats and dogs