Country’s first 'Smart School' starts its silent journey Chuadanga
Published: 12:17 PM, 20 November 2018 Updated: 12:17 PM, 20 November 2018
The government has introduced the country's first 'Smart School' in Chuadanga Sadar Upazila, aiming to stop school dropouts and make learning easier and more enjoyable.
The smart school is a technology-based teaching institution for preparing children for the Information Age.
Organisers of the school said the purpose of this initiative is to ensure a vibrant and effective teaching and learning environment for students to cope with future challenges as global citizens.
In smart schools, they said, technology is used in taking attendance and teaching in the classroom, making learning more interesting and enjoyable one.
This first smart school of the country has been set up at Pirpur village under Alukdia Union Parishad in Sadar Upazila, spending Tk 5 lakh. The activities of the school started on November 15 after it was inaugurated by Deputy Commissioner of the district Gopal Das.
Afsar Uddin, a guardian, said once this school was in very bad shape. "Its teachers were not that much careful ...the presence of student was also very poor. Now, things have changed as the school has been renovated and the compound decorated with vibrant colours. Now, the students are going to the school spontaneously, cheerfully," he added.
Abdur Jabbar, president of Smart School Governing Body, said, "Not only the students but also their guardians are very happy for being part of the country's first smart school. The students are these days more attentive to their studies and their guardians have been more caring about them."
Two students of the school - Sumaiya and Robin - said they are very proud to be students of the country's first smart school, and they are joying their classes too much.
Jannatul Ferdous, the head-teacher of the school, said the number of attendance in the school has increased remarkably following its digital transformation.
She said their target is to help the students get exposed to digital learning and build them as worthy human resources.
Local Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Washimul Bari, one of the organisers of this smart school, said four 'Rongin' (colourful) schools were established in the Upazila earlier.
"The plan of launching a smart school came from the concept of colourful schools by bringing both the students and teachers under the digital attendance system. Alongside bringing it under electricity network, the school has also been brought under the surveillance of closed-circuit cameras."
Besides, the multimedia system and internet have been put in place in the school classrooms, the UNO added.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card