China coronavirus death toll mounts to 1483
Published: 01:26 PM, 14 February 2020 Updated: 03:34 PM, 14 February 2020
Deadly coronavirus kills 116 more in China, in addition, another 4,823 people were affected. As a result, the death toll in the country so far has risen to 1483. About 65,000 people were affected.
Hubei Health Authority said on Friday that 116 people died in the province on Thursday with 4823 fresh confirmed cases. In Hubei alone, the number of affected patients stood at 51,986.
In order to prevent the virus from spreading, China has separated Hubei province from the whole country. All contacts with the region are closed to the outside world including China.
Health experts, meanwhile, say that “the extent of the traumatic news is not known in the daily reports”. Because those infected with the virus are being admitted to the hospital, only their statistics are being taken. So it is very difficult to find out or calculate the actual confirmed cases, which is another cause for fear.
Coronavirus patients have been identified in 26 countries, including all the provinces of China. So far 524 people have been affected outside China.
Three people died each in Hong Kong, the Philippines and Japan. Japan has been the most affected outside of China.
So far 175 people have been identified as having coronavirus in the coast ship ‘Diamond Princess’, anchored at the port of Yokohama, Japan. The ship is now in quarantine with 3700 passengers.
Singapore is next to Japan in the list of most affected where 47 people have been affected with coronavirus. Four of them were reported to be Bangladeshis.
The Singapore government has placed 19 people in quarantine who were in contact with the two patients where 10 of them are Bangladeshi.
- Paralyzed patient burned to ashes at ‘therapy room’
- Apply through SMS cancelled, HSC admission only online
- Drug export exceeds billion dollars soon
- Pilot killed in Spain plane crash
- Delhir Akhra in Kishoreganj
- Pedestrian run over by microbus in Kashiani
- 2 BU students fired over clashes of domination
- Iran’s former envoy to Vatican dies of coronavirus
- 3 City College students held
- ‘Awami League believes in development, not in words’
- Coronavirus: Facebook scraps annual conference
- 5,574 illegal riverbank structures demolished
- Dry weather likely till tomorrow morning
- China reins corona, but spreading worldwide
- Four injured as lorry hits pickup-van
- 29 Turkish soldiers killed in Syria air strike
- Iran’s Vice President infected with coronavirus
- Delhi riot claims 38 lives; former Indian PM terms as ‘national shame’
- Two traders killed after being hit by truck
- Happy Birthday Pop Samrat
- Earth’s any place accessible in three browsers
- Coronavirus finally under control!
- Today’s sports on TV
- Robber killed in Jashore gunfight
- 2 bullet hit bodies recovered in Feni
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Newly-elected Dhaka mayors Taposh, Atiqul take oath
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Delhi violence: Death toll rises to 34
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Saudi suspends entry for Umrah over coronavirus
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Chaos over mobile theft in Soumya’s wed